Cutie

His face of worry faltered. His peaceful face as he hugged me tightly. "What's gotten into you?" 

He didn't say it back. How could he not say it back? 

Cheol saw his phone in my lap as he pulled away. "Y/N..." There was a lot of silence as he saw how long I was scrolling. 

"You know I don't see you as a victim, right? I don't want you to think you're a burden." 

I wept as he smiled at me. "I wanted to say that before I said what I wanted to say." 

I wiped my face quickly as the tears came. "I love you more. I genuinely love every part of you." I hugged him feeling the bond in our relationship tighten. 

If this is the love everyone is talking about, then I want in. 

He held me close as I said, "You're so... I didn't know you put that much energy into me. It's heartwarming." He laughed, "Well, I didn't want to mess up. I haven't asked you to be my girlfriend yet!" 

He kissed my forehead as I drifted to sleep. "Whatever, you're still the best boyfriend ever." 

~...~ 

I sat down at the table. It was hard to get him to wake up, Cheol is not a morning person at all. But we spent time together like he wanted. 

"I heard the pancakes here are fluffy." I looked at the photos on the menus. 

"Babe, Korean is my second language, so... what the hell does this say." I pointed to the word in the menu. 

"Brisket, it's like a-" 

"Yes, I know." 

The server came over and we ordered our food. I asked, "Is this a date?" He smiled, "Yes girl. I mean, I know it's not fancy but I couldn't get a reservation for us two in time." 

I said, "I don't like fancy things. I'm more sentimental." He smiled, "Me too."

The server came back to hand us his food. 

"What else do you want? You know I like to spend money on you." I waved my hands in defense, "No! I hate that." 

He laughed, "Why?!" 

"Because I feel like I have to give you something back." 

He said, "You don't have to." I looked away saying absent-mindedly, "Jermey would buy me stuff so I'd stop being mad at him." 

He held my hand and said softly, "Well, I'll teach you what it's like to get stuff just because I love you and I thought about you." 

He smiled genuinely making my walls break back down. 

"Why do you treat me so well?" 

"Cause you're a human being. It makes me angry that someone would treat you like that." 

I pouted and looked at him. "I know. Better than anyone." He bit his lip and I realized I sullied the mood.