Rekindle

I was on the plane back to America. My back was killing me, but Seungcheol got his song finished, he hasn't released it, but he keeps texting me that it'll be a surprise. 

Dae found out I hung out with K because he came to see me before leaving for the plane. She was so upset I never told her. I finally got off that 13-hour flight and walked out. 

I don't have super fans, but there was a lot of press and people there waiting for me. I furrowed my eyebrows as they ran up to me. I was defenseless. 

"HOW DO YOU KNOW S. COUPS?!" 

"WHY ARE YOU TWO ALWAYS TOGETHER?!" 

"WHEN'S THE NEXT SONG COMING!?" 

People were grabbing my shirt and I started to panic. I felt like I ran out of breath as the interviewers had cameras in my face. 

"Stop!" 

I pushed someone and ran into the car I left in the parking lot. I drove off in a frenzy. I dialed the only person I could. 

"Hey! Wh-ehere are you." 

"You okay? You sound like you can't breathe." 

"I think-... Panic attack." 

He yelled, "And your driving?! Where are you, I'll come and get you." 

I told him the street number and pulled over. I couldn't breathe, the panic wouldn't stop. 

...

I heard a knock on my window and I opened the door. 

I looked at how different my college friend looked. In college, he was growing out a beard trying to look grown, his hair was cut down. He also had acne scars on his pretty black skin. He looked a little wimpier back then, and his smile was always so genuine.

Now his hair was curly and long, his face clean-shaven, his body looking bulky with those acne scars long gone. And lastly, a sad smile tainted his face.

He said, "Hey?" 

I grabbed him into a hug. "What is going on? You're all over the news. I haven't seen you in years and this is the first time I've seen you, and it's having a panic attack in the car." 

"I-" 

I let out a sigh, "I'm sorry that I called you... there's just nobody else to call." 

He let go of the hug and got a good look at me. "I'm just glad you're okay. I was surprised you even called me." I nodded, "I know it's been a couple of years." 

I gulped and looked at him, "I'm sorry." He cupped my face while standing at the car door. "Y/N. What are you sorry about? What did you do wrong?" I looked at him, "I'm sorry I killed your best friend." He laughed, "That idiot got what was coming to him." 

Silent tears shed from my eyes, "I forgave you, I understood it, I was just grieving." I said, "You left me and Dae."