Circles

Did I ever tell Cheol how big my fear of heights is? 

Well, he knows now by how hard I was squeezing his hand as I had my head in his chest trying to breathe. 

Cheol rubbed his fingers on my scalp as I took deep breaths. I eventually fell asleep, and when I woke up I was hearing people get off the plane. 

I looked around to see Cheol grabbing our luggage. "Good night." 

I laughed as I got out of the chair. "Did you get us a hotel? Or are we staying in my apartment?" I got up and walked with Cheol out of the airport. I looked around and he got in the taxi. 

"You're apartment." 

He told the taxi the street name and his accent was so cute. He looked at me saying in Korean. "I wanted to ask you to help me practice saying that but I didn't want to wake you up." 

He's the cutest. 

The taxi driver said, "You understand that Chinese?" I looked up at the Taxi driver. 

New York has sweet people, don't ever get me wrong. But it's the way, I've never heard a New Yorker think before they speak. 

"It's Korean. And yes I can." He looked at me in the rearview mirror. "Aight. You ain't have to get all upset." I said, "I didn't. Just wanted to correct you." 

Cheol listened intensely. When I was in New York, my accent always came back. 

We drove to the hotel we'd both be staying at. Cheol and I recognize that this was a big step, technically living together. Cheol wanted to take us slow, so that's what we've been trying to do. 

But, I do wanna take another step soon. Cheol slammed open the door sliding in our luggage. 

"Finally." 

I called my dad, "Hey Dad, I just landed. I'll be over at Auntie Ray's house tomorrow. I'm so tired." 

He smiled, "Good, visit me soon too honey!" I smiled, "Of course Dad! Okay, bye!" 

I hung up and threw off my shirt immediately taking a shower. Cheol was unpacking for us as I showered. I got out hearing the water tap onto the faucet. I lifted my shirt inspecting my body. 

His hickey's were still on my stomach. I bit my lip thinking about him kissing me there. 

Cheol knocked on the door, "Babe, I ordered us some food." 

"Okay! I'll be out in a second." 

I pulled down my shirt and washed my face before leaving the bathroom. I walked into the little dinning room seeing the array of foods. "Wow." 

I sat down and Cheol said, "I don't take you out on dates much, this is my makeshift date." 

"Cheollie, we're both homebodies, every day is a date." 

He laughed while he ate with a fork. "Oh fuck." He looked at me a little confused as I checked the time. "I completely forgot I had a meeting today. With Robert."