2 : 2005

-Hanagaki-san, thank you very much for coming.

-It's nothing Yamoto-san, but tell me, what did you want to talk to me about? I asked, tilting my head slightly to one side. My closed-eyed smile was still with me.

In reality, I can imagine. A boy doesn't ask a girl to come up to the roof of their school to play a board game.

My name is Reina Hanagaki and I'm 15.

Yamoto ran his hand over the back of his head in embarrassment.

-Well, actually, how can I put this...

He took a deep breath and then shouted, bowing violently:

-Hanagaki-san! I love you! Would you like to go out with me?

I sighed inwardly; I'd been receiving declarations of love since my first year of secondary school, and my answer and the reason for it had never changed. So why was I still getting them?

At first it made me happy, but now I felt uncomfortable spurning them.

With my eternal smile on my lips, I replied:

-Yamoto-san.

He was startled and raised his head.

-I'm sorry, but I have to refuse, even if it was very brave of you to come and tell me how you feel. As you probably already know, I have a boyfriend. I love him and I have no intention of leaving him.

Yamoto grimaced.

-In fact, I thought that would be your answer. I'm sorry if I embarrassed you, but I wanted to try my luck anyway," he revealed.

-I wish you good luck for the rest Yamoto-san. I'm sure you'll find someone who'll love you back," I said with my most angelic air. And it's not serious, don't worry.

I tilted my head. That is, if Mickey doesn't find out. Otherwise, I can't guarantee that you'll come out of this unscathed.

-Hanagaki-san ... !

I waved goodbye and went back to my classroom.

---------------------------------------------------------

-Reina!

I turned round to see my best friend Rem running towards me.

-Was it for what I think it was? she asked, referring to Yamoto.

I nodded.

She sighed.

-Otherwise, Reina. Your little brother shouted loud and clear, and I quote, "we're going to beat the crap out of the fourth formers". Then I couldn't remember the name of the school.

I froze for a moment, then put a hand to my forehead and sighed.

-Thanks for telling me, Rem.

My little brother Takemichi. What kind of stupid thing was he going to do now?

Our parents were hardly ever around, we never saw them. So I brought up my brother, who was a year younger than me.

He was always going to take on someone stronger than him, because he knew I'd beat the shit out of anyone who laid a hand on him.

-What are you going to do, Reina?

I gave my friend a tired look.

-As long as he doesn't come home seriously injured, nothing. He's a grown-up now, so it's not my place to meddle in his affairs. It's time he faced up to the consequences of his actions.

Michi and I used to be very close. Normal, given our family situation. But when he started secondary school, he distanced himself from me.

Now we only talk to each other about the bare minimum.

He didn't even know I'd been dating for over two years!

As for me, I only knew his girlfriend because she came to see me.

Hina was very nice and we became fast friends.

-Let's go," I said, standing up.

As I walked, I glanced out of the window.

I'd played hard to get earlier, but I was worried about Takemichi.

---------------------------------------------------------

For the last few days, I'd been deliberately staying out late so as not to bump into my brother.

I did this because I was afraid that if I saw him injured, I would break my decision to leave him to fend for himself.

But today I'd had to come home early because my parents had phoned to ask me to prepare a meal for them. They'd come home too late to have time to prepare it.

I sighed, four meals instead of the usual two, it was going to be a long one.

The door opened and Takemichi entered the house.

As I'd suspected, he was injured.

-Michi? What do you want to eat? I asked.

There was no answer.

So I went out of the kitchen to see if he'd fainted.

But no, he was standing there in the middle of the hall.

-Michi, are you all right? I asked, running a hand over his eyes.

He seemed to come to his senses, looked at me as if I were a ghost and then burst into tears, much to my surprise.

He took me in his arms.

-Big sister! You're here!

-Of course I'm here, where else would I be?

-I'm sorry! he exclaimed.

My eyes stung as if I was going to start crying too.

He hadn't called me big sister since his last year of primary school.

-Horror film night? I asked, smiling.

-Horror film night," he replied, smiling through his tears too.

I was really happy, I'd got my little brother back.

And I didn't care what caused it.

_______________________________________

Hello ❤️!

There you go, sorry there wasn't much going on 😅.

So that's when Takemichi went back in time for the first time. That's why he has a reaction that Reina finds strange. Reina doesn't know that she died in 2010.

BUT Mikey arrives in the next chapter.

Byyye 👋🏻

Elaine