26 : 2005

-And there we are! I'll drop you off here," says Baji as he parks his motorbike at the back of the sanctuary.

-Thanks for the lift! Without you I'd have had to walk all the way! I exclaimed as I got off.

-It was nothing.

I waved goodbye and started towards the top of the shrine where the Toman leaders met before each meeting.

-Rei! Baji shouted.

I turned back to him.

-Yes ? What is it, Kei?

-Please don't forget your promises," he asked, slightly pleading.

I winked at him.

-As long as you keep yours, I'll keep mine.

Baji smiled.

-That's my girl!

I laughed lightly and continued on my way.

My smile was hard to maintain today, I had a bad feeling.

--------------------------

-Hello, hello", I said as I entered the building at the top of the sanctuary.

Everyone present looked at me in surprise. Nobody here was used to me arriving early.

-Rei? What are you doing here so soon? Draken gasped as he walked towards me.

-Well, I was with Kei, so he dropped me off," I explained.

The faces of the Toman leaders turned darker.

-Reina, by the way," began Mitsuya, a little embarrassed.

-I know," I cut him off. He's already told me everything.

-Perfect," said Mikey. That way I won't have to.

I suddenly noticed my little brother in the corner of the room.

-He's going to the meeting," Draken replied.

I frowned. I think everyone's forgotten that Takemichi isn't a member of Toman.

I sighed, what do I care anyway? I don't care at all. So there's no reason for me to object.

-OK," I said, smiling.

-Well, everyone seems to be here, so I suppose we can start the meeting.

We nodded and all left the building.

I sat on Mikey's right and Draken on his left.

The division leaders went to their brigades.

-The appointment of the new captain of the third division will now begin! exclaimed. Draken.

There were murmurs among the members of the Toman. Normally, it should have been Peyan's turn to take over the Third Brigade, but given what had happened on 3 August... So, if it wasn't Peyan who would become the new leader of the third team?

I didn't know any more than they did.

-Captain of the third division, step forward! shouted Mikey.

There was a moment's silence.

I looked at the crowd, intrigued. Was this new captain really that shy?

Suddenly I saw some kind of giant elbowing the other members, shouting "Move over!

I assumed that the new leader was the little one with glasses in front of him. I frowned. I'm the one in charge of the Toman members and yet I'm sure he's not part of the gang.

He arrived at the front of the stairs, bowed to Mikey and then sat down with his back to him.

I let out a cry of astonishment, he had his back to Mikey!

Murmurs of indignation began to rise, nothing more normal.

-Listen up you bastards! shouted the giant who was to be the new vice-captain. The person sitting behind me is the new captain of the third division, Tetta Kisaki!

Hmm ? Strange, that name rings a bell... Have I met him somewhere before?

Apparently someone knew more than I did, and angry cries erupted.

-Get out of my way, you Moebius!

-Get off me!

So he was at Moebius before... That explained why I'd never seen him before.

-Shut up!!! Draken shouted.

I was startled by the intensity of the shout.

-It's Mikey's call! If anyone has a problem, step forward! continued the vice-president.

Nobody said anything, but the discontent was still there.

As for me, I didn't say anything but I still had Baji's words in my head.

Kei, this sucks! This guy's managed to manipulate Mikey! If he's that dangerous, we're in trouble! I thought.

The gang leader came to stand in front of the members.

-The Toman will stand up to Valhalla! he declared. Valhalla is starting to rise and there are far more of them than the Moebius! To beat them, we need to become more powerful too! Tetta Kisaki here is the one who looked after those of our generation in the Moebius! We need him to defeat Valhalla! The captain of the third division is Tetta Kisaki! Remember that! That concludes our meeting!

With that, Mikey turned his back on the assembly and started to leave.

Kisaki stood up and bowed.

-Chief! Thank you so much!

-Yeah Mikey replied.

-What exactly is he thinking? Draken muttered as he watched Mikey walk away.

-Well... I said. However, there's one thing I do know: you've got to watch out for him. I'd never heard of him before, which means he's risen through the ranks faster than Osanai. That's hiding something. What's more, Kei isn't the type to start an internal quarrel for no reason.

I know that Kisaki isn't clean," sighed the vice-president. But it's the boss's decision, there's nothing we can do about it...

-Let's go.

-Yes !

Draken and I turned to see Kisaki and his sidekick starting to walk away.

-...

Suddenly we heard footsteps and saw Takemichi give Tetta a violent punch in the face.

______________________________________________________________________________

I promise Kazutora will be here in the next chapter.

And now Kisaki had made his entry into Toman and into  the story. And strangely enough, he wasn't missed. It was quieter without him.

People who love him, I don't understand you.

Bye bye

Elaine