XV

Gearhead

Maddie has been on my mind a lot lately, she been nice and cute and flirty with me and I don't  know why but I feel giddy inside with her. I never felt like this toward a woman before I was sitting at the ending of the bar drinking a beer it was almost 7pm and Maddie is working with Sam at the bar. She was engaging with everyone and Sam was grateful for her help.

"Hey there sweetness, want another beer?" Maddie said snapping me out of my thoughts and I nod. She takes my empty bottle and replaces it with another cold one. I thank her and she smiles and winks at me.

I'm usually the type to hit it and leave it man but with her I haven't even hit it yet but I know if I ever did I would leave. Being in my thirties now I should start to settle maybe have some kids or something but with everything going on, I don't even know what I want.

The night went on and soon around 3am the bar closed down. I kicked all the none club members out and locked the doors. Sam and Maddie was cleaning up and I helped since I wanted to talk to Maddie alone. Soon Sam bid us a good bye and was on their way home.

Maddie was actually living in her car when she first got into town so I let her take a spare room in the club. Her room was few doors away from me.

I put the last of the chairs on the table and Maddie was wiping the bar counter. "Hey wanna grab a drink with me?" She smiled, I scratched my head and nodded. She grabs us two cold one and I sit at the bar with her. We drank in silence and I decided to break the ice.

"So where are you originally from?" I asked and she sighed "I used to live 10 hours from here in the big city but I got tired of all people and noise and decided to move somewhere more remote and quiet I guess and I landed here." She explained.

"Left family behind?" I asked and she shakes her head "No only child and my mom and dad are dead so no one left behind." "Damn I'm sorry but I'm the same parent's dead but I have two half siblings." She pats my shoulder.

"It's hard losing them but we gotta keep going with our lives.." she sighed. Her black hair was tied in a ponytail and she took a long swing of her beer. Damn she was beautiful "so what about you? Any women to come home to?" She asked and I laughed "No I'm a bachelor actually" I replied she nods and smiles.

"What about you?" I asked "Nah no one in my life right now" she replied. She yawned and finished her beer and clean up after us. We walk towards the back and stop at her door. "Well thank you for the help and the beer" she giggles and I smiled and nod. I was about to leave but she stopped me and got on her tippy toes and kissed my lips. I was shocked at first but soon I returned her kiss.