Chapter 25

*Niall's P.O.V*

"Hey, Ni. I'm going out with Maggie for a bit. Do you need anything?" Caroline called from the bathroom. I was assuming she was touching up her makeup, not that she needed to. She was absolutley flawless. It was weird in some ways, but even if she wasn't you shouldn't love with the eyes, only the heart.

"No, I'm probably going to visit my Mum tonight. Is that alright?" I said pulling on some breifs.

"Oh, yeah thats fine. I'll just hang with my Aunt tonight...& Steve." She put off the Steve part entering the room and pecking my cheek.

"Don't worry, I'll be back by 10." I turned around wrapping my arms around her waist and pressing my lips to hers. Her warm, soft lips on mine continued at a slow pace until she pulled away.

"I'll see you at 10." She let out a grin and left me hanging.

"I hate when you do that to me." I breathed out searching for my phone. Caroline dissapeared out of the room and left me looking aimlessly around the messy room. It had gotten pretty covered with strewn, discarded clothing. Considering we had been here for almost a week, school started on monday so we were trying to take advantage of the last 2 days we had in town. I missed it here, the real people, real food, no artificial guidance counselers but actual people. I slid my jacket over my shirt and stuffed my phone deep in my pocket.

****

I knocked on the door lightly pressing my cold knuckles to the hardwood. It took a couple seconds before I realized my Mum's car wasn't here.

"Shit." I whispered underneath my breath. "I missed her." I repeated. I decided to grab the spare keys from the plant on the porch and unlock the door myself. She wouldn't mind, it was my home. I of course visited her on christmas day and celebrated it with her as well. She even got me a new guitar, it was black and decorated with little designs. I loved it. Caroline got me beats & a photograph of her & I swinging on swings in the snow. She even scrapbooked around the frame of little things that reminded us of our relationship. A ferris wheel, snow flakes, a surf board, the name of the bakery we first went to, & of course the toy story emblem.

As I was letting myself in I saw my Mum passed out on the couch holding a beer can in her empty hand, the other grasping the Tele remote. She was sprawled out, legs half off the sofa, arms flinging off the couch as well. Her mouth was agape and light snores were coming out of her nose.

"Mum," I nudged her taking the can out from her grasp. "Mum," I repeated.

She woke up with a jolt blinking a few times and scrambling for her beer. "Ni! What are you doing home?" She slurred.

"I came to visit before the last few days of break." I said tossing the can in the trash. She sat up rubbing her eyes and organizing her clothing on her body. She ran her fingers through the top of her hair pulling the greecy hair out of her face.

"How long have you been out?"

"Not long. . . " She mumbled stretching.

"When did you get home from the bar with your mates?"

"Like, some time at night." She nonchalantly got off the couch patted my back and dissipated into the kitchen. I ran after her taking grasp on her wrist. She pulled away and looked me in the eyes.

"Mum, night time was yesterday, you've been out for almost 24 hours." I sighed disapointed. She tended to do this, always a drunk, she barely ever had time for me anymore. Christmas was one of those lucky days I wouldn't find her high or drunk with her friends. One of those lucky days.

"So what? Live a little, boy." She slurred washing some dishes in the sink.

"Mum, you're gunna kill yourself someday if you continue this." I sat on the counter next to her.