Season 4 Chapter 7

Me: Huh? You made breakfast today? (I felt surprised finding Jules up early in the morning and have prepared breakfast before I returned from my morning jogging)

Jules: Well…. It’s just cereals, not a big deal. Come and have it. (She said while sitting down)

Me: Thank you for the food. (I said before taking a spoonful of the food and shoved it in my mouth carelessly, taking the first bite, my face turns pale as I glanced at Jules) Uhm….Jules….by any chance, did you put strawberry?

Jules: Ah….yeah, I love strawberries, so I chopped them into tiny pieces and put them in the cereal. Hope you like it. (She said while grinning)

Me: What the fuck! I am allergic to Strawberry!!! (I said while running towards the wash basin and tried vomiting out the food but it didn’t work)

Jules: WHAT?!!! (She stands up in surprise and fear) Why didn’t you tell me? Are you a dumbass?!!

Naomi: Why are you both screaming at the top of your lungs early in the morning? (She said yawning)

Jules: ANNE IS ALLERGIC TO STRAWBERRY AND I DIDN’T KNOW!!! (she starts panicking)

Naomi: WHAT?!! WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL US?! (great now both of them are panicking)

Instead of wasting my time, I ran to my room and opened the drawer, my throat was already closing and I couldn’t breathe. My skin felt itchy, rummaging through the drawer, I searched for my allergy medicines, grabbing the container, I opened it in a hurry, only to find it empty. My heart sank with disappointment, I started scratching my skin to relief my symptoms.

Jules: (she banged the door open, out of breathe) Are you alright?!!

Me: (I turned towards her, with my eyes void of hope) Jules…..my medicine is over…..(I spoke in a hoarse voice, my skin was red with rashes, my throat felt itchy and swollen, my eyes were blurry and watery)

Jules: Naomi!!! We need to rush to the hospital!!! (She said while panicking)

My head felt like spinning, who dies of food allergy? Do you know how much embarrassing it would feel to die after eating a stupid piece of strawberry? I thought before crashing on the cold floor and gettingg knocked out by a small piece of strawberry.

The next time I woke up, I realized that I ended up in the hospital yet again. “Fuck my life”, my vision was blurry as I stared at the ceiling for sometime to adjust my eyes.

Victoria’s voice: Ah, looks like she is finally waking up. (Her tone was filled with concerned and relief)

My eyes moved towards the other side of the room, realising that I was laying on hospital bed, as I tried to sit down.

Choon Hee: Wait a minute. (She said before rushing to my side and helping me sit)

I blinked surprised, noticing all of them surrounding me. Everyone’s face was filled with concern, this was something new for me. Well, I won’t say that it was totally new, I did expect Jules and Victoria but finding Julie, Choon Hee and Bella waiting for me to regain consciousness was something I never thought about. Everyone seemed to be relieved finding me conscious.

Jules: (she hugged me tightly as tears rolled down from her eyes) YOU ARE ALIVE! I DON’T NEED TO GO TO JAIL!!! WAAAAAAA.

Me: Can I kill her? (I said in a murderous tone)

Victoria: Jules, stop screaming in the hospital. (She said in a low dangerous voice making Jules shiver as she leaves me)

Jules: Bad people. (She pouts then stands beside Julie) Captain, protect me from these two murderers. (She says hugging Julie)

Choon Hee: Look at this drama queen. (She said sighing)

Bella: (facepalm) never learns her lessons.

Julie: Jules, you shouldn’t behave like this in the hospital. (She said while patting Jules’ cheek)

Jules: (pouts more) Can’t believe that even captain betrayed me. (She said before going to a corner and sulking)

Victoria: (she stares at me) Why didn’t you inform about your allergy to anyone?

Me: (I moved my eyes away from her feeling guilty) Will you believe me, if I say that I forgot I am allergic to strawberry until it hit my body?

Victoria: How can someone forget about their allergies?!! (She scolds me)

Me: (pouting) Because I haven’t had strawberries since my first attack.

Victoria: Jeez woman…. Atleast remember your allergies. (She said frustrated)

Bella: Yeah, you made Victoria cry.

Choon Hee: (nods in agreement) Yeah, you should have seen her face then.

Victoria: Shut up! I didn’t cry! You all were worried too! (She says flustered)

I started laughing while watching them, they stared at me in surprise, I was grateful that Julie came to meet me even though we have differences.

Me: Julie, you….all of you skipped classes just for me? (I felt overwhelming emotions inside my body)

Julie: You have done a lot for us, it would have been selfishness to leave you alone when you are in need. (She said in a tone that felt she was still angry with me but cared for me).

Choon Hee: Julie is right, Anne, you have done so much that we can’t even repay with our actions, so this is nothing. (She smiled)

Bella: mhm (she nodded in agreement)

Jules: After all, we are friends. (She grinned)

Victoria: Does she even consider us as her friend? (She said sighing)

When I was a child, a quote struck my head “A friend in need, is a friend indeed”, I think I was slowly understanding the meaning of it, Maria’s words crossed my mind, that someday I will find a people who can make me feel ‘home’. This was a new feeling for me, the feeling of being accepted and belongingness that I never felt before. I wanted to embrace each moment and crave deep inside my heart. For the first time, it felt that getting into this mess was worth it. My heart pounded fast just at the thought of it, ‘Friends’ yeah….they are my friends, not mere acquaintances. Now they are my responsibilities, and I would go through hell to give them the best. “Anne Elizabeth, there is no time to rest, you need to put this team together for their sake.” I thought to myself while gaining a new set of determination. I knew that I need to bring everything under control before it gets too late. But for some reason, I missed Maria in this occasion, she would have been really happy making new friends and spending time with them.

Victoria: Anne, you need to be very careful, food allergy can be deadly. (She voiced her concern as I nodded slightly)

Jules: (she takes out her phone) But you know what? (She takes out a picture and shows us) It was worth it. (she grins)

It was a picture of me while I was laying on the hospital bed with rashes, I still have those rashes, and it was ugly, this bitch took a picture of me to make fun of me? I take back my words, I want to stab her to death!

Me: Jules, delete that shit. (I warned her)

Jules: Why? Doesn’t she looks like a pig? (She laughs)

Me: You will regret after I get out of the bed. (I let out a murderous aura making everyone shiver except Victoria)

Jules: Fine….(she pouts while deleting the picture)

During lunchtime, they started arguing over who should feed me, as each one of them wanted to help me have my meal, so they took turns. Then Jules went to drop them back home, meanwhile my brothers came to visit me, they brought me some goodies, and King left after getting a call from his current girlfriend. Brother Leo stayed longer then finally went back to his hostel. After Leo went away, Jules entered the room, her face was filled with questions as she sat on the couch.

Jules: Uhm….Anne….can I ask you something? (She hesitated)

Me: Shoot. (I said while playing Video game)

Jules: Nevermind. (She smiles faintly) Congratulations.

Me: Huh? (I looked at her confused)

to be continued....