Bohemian Rhapsody

Requested by sweet_painted_lady

THIS IS OFFICIALLY ONE OF MY FAVORITE PICTURES OF HIM OMLLLLL HE LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL AND REGAL HERE I SWEAR HE IS THE MOST GORGEOUS MAN I HAVE EVER SEEN AND THAT IS NOT UP FOR DEBATE 🥰 🥺

Sooooo I went to go see Queen rock Montreal in the theater both yesterday and on Thursday...I hope you guys are prepared for a rant because IT WAS SO FUCKING PERFECT!!!!! IT WAS SO MUCH LOUDER AND CLEARER THAN ON YOUTUBE, EVERYTHING SOUNDED AMAZING AND TO SEE THE BOYS ON THE BIG SCREEN- AGHHHHHHH IT WAS AWESOME.

This one shot takes place in the bohemian rhapsody universe, so don't come at me saying Ray Foster never existed because I know that LMAO. I can surprisingly do his voice well-

1975 (I really need to write more eighties Freddie honestly-I can't remember the last time I did-)

"Nothing really matters...Nothing really matters...to me..."

You listened to your boyfriend's beautiful voice hold out the note as he played the piano softly, Brian's red special faintly joining him.

"Any way the wind blows..." Freddie's voice faded out as Roger struck the gong and the six minute song ended.

"This is genius." Was all you could say after Freddie presented it to you.

"I've never heard anything like it...This is going to be huge Freddie, I just know it." You smiled.

Freddie had shown bits of the song to you a few years prior, he had only gotten the 'Mama just killed a man' part written and was originally planning to call the number 'The cowboy song' before he reworked it and turned it into the grand, several genre masterpiece you had listened to.

"It took three straight weeks to record, this thing better be worth it." Roger groaned.

"Roger," Brian hissed.

"What? It's a really nice song, but after all the effort we put into it it can't just not go anywhere." Roger defended.

"And it is six minutes you know..." John pointed out.

"That's what makes it so outrageous!" Freddie retorted, a smirk playing at his lips.

"John has a point though, with the length of the song, the radio will refuse to play it. Elton said you shouldn't do it either." John Reid concurred with the bassist.

"Well let's show it to Foster, see what he thinks." You suggested.

You then went to Ray Foster's office and presented him the song, awaiting his response.

"...Well. I'm not entirely sure that's the album you promised." Ray said at last after the song ended.

"No. It's better than the album we promised you. It's better than any album anyone's ever promised you darling, it's a masterpiece." Freddie grinned.

"It's expensive. And as for Bohemian Rhapsody, what is that?" 

"An epic poem." Freddie said simply.

He didn't like to discuss his writing process or what he thought while writing songs, away from the public he was an extremely private and quiet person which you respected and loved about him. 

"It goes on forever, six bloody minutes!" Ray exclaimed.

"I pity your wife if you think six minutes is forever." Freddie deadpanned.

You couldn't help but snicker quietly at the remark. Freddie was the sweetest, most kindest soul you knew, but he had a sassy side that he wasn't afraid to show.