Weakness and Warning

It was the next morning that Éclair finally woke up. She was rather sluggish at first, still half asleep as she opened her eyes slightly. She realized there was something blocking part of her vision so she lifted her head slightly to check what was in the way.
Edward.
Her face began to coat over red slightly, realizing that she once again had fallen asleep on him, and he was holding her while she slept. She was about to protest, but since he was asleep she didn't want to embarrass herself more by waking him. Instead she just laid her head back down and let loose a sigh. Although she was embarrassed, she felt safe where she was.
Due to the warm sunlight pouring in through the windows and reflecting back onto Edward's face, it wasn't long before Edward finally woke up, much like Éclair's reaction he realized the situation he seemed to have gotten himself into the prior night.
Edward's fidgeting had caused Éclair to lift her head up once again, before she lifted most of her torso up so she could see Edward's face. Éclair's messy hair fell to the sides of them, the sunlight seeming to embrace her hair and dazzle it a lighter color for once instead of the darkness she usually concealed in it; her secrets and feelings she tried to hide. The two simply looked at each other, both their faces rather red, and words eluding them.
The two shared their gazes and silence for a few minutes before Edward finally seemed as if he had something to say. He had opened his mouth to speak, however only to be interrupted by a rather loud knocking on the door.
"Hey wake up! We have to leave in less than an hour to get to the train station and I know you want food so wake up!" It was Ayumi, continuously pounding on the door and shouting. Both Edward and Éclair turned to look at the door to see Ayumi's shoes from the tiny crack at the bottom of the door betwixt the door and the floor.
After Ayumi seemed to walk away, Eclair and Edward separated from each other without speaking another word. Éclair went directly to switching packing and preparing to switch her clothes while Edward finished fully waking up.
When Edward finally went to leave the room, he was stopped by Eclair. She had walked up behind him and grabbed a tuft of his shirt in her small right hand. As he felt the slight tug on his shirt, he heard Eclair sigh in what seemed like her own disapproval. He turned around to see Eclair standing there, looking down at her outstretched hand which had let go of the fabric when he turned to face her.
After taking another deep breath and exhaling, Eclair looked up to look Edward in the eyes, her lavender seemingly confused, and still a little dreary from recently awaking from her slumber. She left her mouth slightly open, as if she had something to say, but couldn't figure out what it was. She furrowed her brow as she looked up, as if her confusion and what she meant to say was troubling her, which it was. She couldn't get her words out. Her eyes seemed to water slightly; it was hurting her to not be able to find the words to say what she meant--what she felt. Eclair clearly was feeling something by the way her heart pounded in her chest, hurting as if it were trying to beat with a heavy weight placed on top of it--and not the weight of the world she kept trying to balance heavy on her shoulders.
Edward watched the pain she was holding back start to rise to the surface, her eyes becoming rather lifeless and confused, and her figure becoming stiff rather than sturdy. It was as if Eclair was turning to a fragile piece of glass in front of him. Yet Eclair couldn't force the words out of her lungs. She couldn't even get one tiny raspy sound to come out of her. She was freezing where she stood, unaware of how to react, and looking for an answer. Someone to confide in--someone to tell her that what she was feeling was natural, and that she'd understand it in time.
Unaware of how to react, and slightly disappointed in the fact Eclair couldn't force out even a single word, Edward did the best he could to try to comfort her. He saw the struggle she had within her and didn't want it to be gone unnoticed. He brushed away Eclair's messy bangs from her face before patting her on the head, returning the same sad and confused eyes she gave him.
He finally returned her pocket watch-now repaired fully-to her small hands before Edward turned away and left the room, leaving Eclair standing alone in the doorway facing the closed door in front of her. Eclair finally gained motion of herself again, in which she violently shook her head, grasping her pocket watch tightly in her hand before using her right metal foot to kick the footboard of the bed. She was so close to telling him to not leave her, to stay by her side--the fact that she needed him, but he had given her the cold shoulder rightfully by the way she acted out the day before. The two were like two gears of a broken clock that was out of sync. They couldn't find the same pattern of communication to be able to once again be perfectly in sync to understand each other the way they were before. It frustrated both of them, causing them both to only get more frustrated at each other, and in Eclair's case, especially at herself and her own misfortunes.  She knew Edward wasn't perfect, however she knew he was important to her-she needed him. She couldn't fathom him not being there for her so she pushed him further away and locked up instead of speaking since she let her fears overrun her once again.
So she finally let the tears well up and overflow from her eyes. She no longer was in control.
"Dammit...I can't do this on my own..." Eclair cried as she walked back over to the door and slumped down with her back against it. "Why...does it have to hurt so much...?" She curled up into a small, fragile Éclair-ball and clutched her tiny right fist close to her painful beating heart. Little did she know Edward was still standing there on the other side, trying to sort through his own troubles. They were fighting the same battle.