The Ring

"Why the hell would I come down here and why were you touching my face?!" Eclair yelled as the dizzy Edward sat rubbing his head and side. "Ugh there better be good food here!" Eclair stormed off to go to the kitchen to go find food.

"Hey if anyone gets food first it's me you stole mine yesterday! Blueberry face!" Edward growled before jumping to his feet and rushing to the kitchen to attempt to beat Eclair.

"What the hell kinda insult is that?!" Éclair shouted to him as she went to grab another muffin off the counter.

"I don't know why don't you go look in the mirror muffin bandit! You've got blueberries all over your face!"

"Oh, are you just trying to insult me now?" Éclair shouted back.

"Hey! Can someone bring me some breakfast?! I'm kinda stuck up here!" Trevor shouted from his workshop.

Éclair glared at Edward, grabbing another muffin off the counter, "at least it gives me a reason to get away from you insulting me." She turned and headed up the stairs as she shook her head, miraculously shaking off all the muffin before heading up to Trevor's shop, "hey I got you a muffin—man it's dirty in here...you really got that much stuff in?"

Trevor turned to her after setting something down, "Uh yeah, I got a bit behind I guess, nice to see you're awake now." he sighed.

Éclair put the muffin down and began digging through Trevor's stuff, attempting to annoy him. "look at all this. Ooh that one's shiny!" Éclair picked up a super shiny piece of metal. "Oh hey this is silver! One of my favorite elements to play with!" Éclair found a small chunk of silver. She kept wandering around the shop before she was looking at stuff on Trevor's desk, "huh? What's this?" She pulled a ring out of Trevor's desk drawer, "this isn't your mom or dad's ring. This is brand new." Éclair looked at it before placing it on her right ring finger, "...and you used my left hand to size it didn't you because my left hand's more delicate and refined than your mechanic engineer blacksmithing hand 'cause my hands are meant for alchemy." Éclair took off the ring to continue to analyze the ring, "but who's it for?"

Trevor suddenly froze in place before realizing she had found it he turned around, "Hey would you put that down it's none of your business!" He swiped to grab the ring from Els hand.

Éclair was quicker than Trevor and dodged his attempt, "who's it for? Come on you can tell me. Oooh it must be personal! Hmm who would this greasy lazy and rather pessimistic mechanic give a ring to...hmm well obviously it's too small for your father, and you don't know very many people." Éclair let an evil grin stretch across her face, "oooh it's for Kiomi! I'm so telling!"

"N-no! Stop assuming things and give it back it was a request from someone that's all it was!" Trevor insisted swiping for the ring again but this time missing and falling into a pile of metal.

"Nah if it was for a customer you would've told me right away. Haha!" Éclair laughed as Trevor got up and began chasing her around his workshop. Éclair kept laughing as she managed to bolt out the door, "gotta catch me if you want it back otherwise I'm gonna give it to her first!"

"No you won't get back here!" Trevor yelled before racing after Eclair as she sprinted down the stairs.

"Haha you're so slow!" Éclair mocked as she ran at the bookcase at the bottom of the stairs and vaulted over it. She then jumped on top of the next one, examining the ring close to her eyes, "it's a nice metal too, a lot smoother than my arm. Not a single rough texture. So ooh what you planning on doing with it, aren't you a little young to be trying to find a Mrs. Lancaster? Ahaha!"

Trevor was quick enough to catch up to El, but was nowhere near balanced enough to jump on the bookcase like she had. He reached up and started climbing the bookcase, "Just give it back it's not your business! Why would it matter to you anyway?!" he managed to reach the book case where El had perched herself, he grabbed at her leg with a glare.