The Truth in the Train

"So...did you do it?" Éclair asked bluntly as the three sat in an empty train car. Ed sat next to El as they finally were able to catch their breath. The sound of the train chugging along the tracks lightly filled the air, as all three of them could feel the rhythm in their feet. "I mean, you don't know a lot about me, and I don't know a lot about you, but I have to know for the safety of all three of us. Believe it or not there is way more going on in Amestris than anyone wants to admit. It's my job to notify the right people to protect them and help them before anyone else gets caught up in this stupid spider web of lies everyone's been telling everyone."

"You better hope she didn't see your wings." Ed mumbled quietly enough so only Éclair could hear.

Éclair shook her head, "It's fine, Ed. I have a feeling we're a lot more alike than you think..."

Kiomi nodded , ''That's fair,I wouldn't want you to think I'm some traitor or something.'' she sighed. ''Éclair don't be so demanding.'' Edward crossed his arms raising an eyebrow at her. ''It's fine she only wants to know don't blame her for that.'' Kiomi spoke as she sat up . ''For your information I didn't do the taboo. '' El had a question threatening to drop from her mouth before Kiomi caught it first. ''Look I get that since the both of you think and probably know a hell of a lot more than I do about this but you have to trust me.'' ''How is that even possible , are you sure your mother or father wasn't some sort of homunculus..'' ''She would have had to offer something in exchange if she went through the gate.'' Edward suggested trying to think of another possibility. Kiomi only shook her head.

''Believe me I've tried finding out, my father for sure isn't a homunculus he doesn't even do basic alchemy and my mother , she's just gone I've only see pictures of her and heard stories.''

''There is still a chance she could be a homunculus.''

''I doubt it, from what everyone tells me she was all for the god of ishval . If she knew I did alchemy she would persecute me.''

"Huh. Mother situation sounds familiar..." Éclair grumbled, "anyways from what I'm hearing I'll find out what she is in a few hours anyway."

Ed glared at Éclair, "You can't be joking."

"She hasn't touched my heart yet. As soon as Regret recovers, which will probably be only a few short hours, we'll know what we need to know.''

Kiomi raised an eyebrow completely lost in what the other two had been talking about. ''Wait I'm confused ... can you sense things others wouldn't be able to? '' Kiomi paused waiting for an answer.

''It's like a sixth sense..'' Éclair quickly spat out still trying to hide any evidence as to her was the mention of the ''h'' word. Though El thought she was in the clearing, Edward had noticed that Kiomi had suspicion all over her expression. Edward silently put his head into his hands.

When Éclair bothered to notice Edwards sense of dissatisfaction with her retorts, so she decided to change the subject. "So...how did you end up in jail anyway? And what's up with that weird mark on your neck? Tell us the full story.'' She smiled as Kiomi crossed her leg over her other one which only made El smile in triumph while she was getting what she wanted.

''Well I got into this fight earlier in the day. You see I was coming into town making a run for this lady and I seen this fight going on. God do fights annoy me..'' Kiomi seemed to become aggravated by the word fight then she composed herself. ''Anyway just like an instinctive thing I followed my way towards the fight in the intention of breaking it up but just watching the whole thing, this younger man being picked on by a much stronger one for no reason caused me to get involved. I just couldn't hold myself back.... Errr and that damn colonel decided to be nosy and involve himself which made things worse! To end the story, let's just say I got accused of picking a fight with both the men and for disrespecting a higher authority. Oh then this guy had the nerve to blame this fountain accident on me as well!''