(Are You) Listening?

The two had slept in peace until the next morning, just as the train was a few minutes away from the station. The morning sun began to shine through the window onto both Éclair and Edward's faces. It was Éclair who first woke up, slightly lifting her head off where she rested it and blinked a few times, looking out the window at the rising sun. She took her right hand and brushed her overgrown bangs out of her eyes before turning her head to see where she was. She realized that she had fallen asleep--while being held by Edward. He still had his arms around her to support her from falling over. Éclair's face began to coat over a dark red rather rapidly as she began to breathe heavily, rather embarrassed at the situation. Edward who was still asleep oblivious to her embarrassment moved to hold her closer as he slept with his mouth wide open and snoring.

Éclair was confused with her feelings--yet alone her words. Her brain was filling with racing thoughts as her face seemed to now display the colors of ripened tomatoes. She was only confusing herself more with her thoughts as she looked up to Edward's face again. Éclair's facial expressions were just as confused, she wasn't sure whether to frown or smile or knew how to use her words so she left her mouth open slightly, as her eyebrows raised and furrowed, seemingly sad, although she didn't know how to feel. Edward continued to sleep and hold her as she became confused. He was the relaxed one now as Eclair's panic set in. It seemed as if her frustrations began to well up inside of her, swirling around and only growing stronger since she kept them bottled up, looking as if she was about to burst from all the pressure at any moment. His peaceful sleep continued to be undisturbed by her sudden realization of what was going on until El finally broke and couldn't contain her frustration, she elbowed Edward in the stomach getting him to let go of her as she and him both went tumbling to the floor. Edward was gasping for a breath after getting the wind knocked out of him. Éclair's arms flew to her wound again, as it was now in pain from her moving. However in their tumble to the floor, they ended up exactly the same way they were when they were on the bench. Edward had grabbed El in attempts to make sure the two didn't get hurt. They ended up face to face once again, the two staring at each other unsure how to deal with their feelings, especially since Eclair's face still displayed a world of vivid colors. Edward stared at her for a moment before he began to display the same array of colors before he shook his head, "Ah-what the hell were you doing?! Why did you punch me?!" he turned even more red in his cheeks.

"Y-you--you--!" Éclair shouted in return, unable to use her words properly. She growled as if she was a rather large dog, warning its prey to stay back before its bark turned into its bite.

"I what?! Just what did I do?! If anyone did anything it's you! You don't listen to me!"

Éclair continued to stutter with her words, "Y-you-you-you--me--I--you---stupid!" She couldn't make out a coherent sentence, her frustration with the situation just stung the air.

"We-well--if you weren't such a damn weirdo!" Edward's frustration was beginning to settle in just as much as Eclairs the two of them were beginning to steam like a hot pot of soup.

"You---why--you!" Eclair insisted back, looking from where Ed was holding her back to his face.

"I-I've been meaning to ask you something but you-you always ignore or avoid it or someone just happens to come in and prevent me from asking and you never listen!"

"I-I you-you-trying to ask me what?!"

"I -I want to ask you about--" Edward paused becoming even more flushed, "El, I think that I li-" he was in the middle of shouting when the train began to halt for a stop and he slammed his head on the ground.

At the same time, Elena the doctor had come and poked her head, "Oh I see you two are awake now..." she spoke softly, seeing the two on the floor. When the train had stopped, Eclair had fallen onto of Edward. She now tried to pick herself up to check on Edward.