Everything Heals in Time

It was late in the afternoon before everyone had discovered the inseparable pair who had fallen asleep. Trevor had discovered them while walking past the room they had inhabited. He sighed to himself with relief as he realized that Eclair had been alright since the last time he had seen her. He took the courtesy to as quietly as possible, grab the door and close it so no one might disturb them. Trevor took a deep breath to himself before he heard a soft sound. Almost as if someone was crying. He looked back to the door that he had closed and quickly found that that wasn't the source.

"What are you up to?" Winry muttered from behind Trevor. Her words stung the air like a paper cut: it came silently out of nowhere and lingered with pain.

Trevor spun around rather quickly, rather shocked by the voice he heard from behind him. When he exited the room he swore no one was around. Yet here he found Winry, her eyes narrowed, fists clenched, and her face coated over with an amber glow of rather too much emotions. "W-winry, when did you get here? You startled me for a moment." Trevor admitted, finally taking the time to take a few deep breaths, "anyway, if it's not you crying, who's hurt? Is everyone alright?"

"I guess you don't..." Winry started before she shook her head, "No, it's just Kiomi. Something your little childhood idiot you call a friend did made her start bawling uncontrollably. If only you'd get a grip and tell that idiot of a friend of yours to stop hurting everyone here then maybe none of this would've happened and none of us would be crying now, you understand?" Trevor noticed Winry seemed out of sorts as well, her voice cracking as she nearly shouted at him.

"I-I..." Trevor shook his head, "I don't know what you want me to do...I haven't exactly been in El's life too much in these past years...we've kinda grown distant...you understand how it is, between you and both Alphonse and Edward. I'll do what I can to diffuse the situation, I'll go talk to Kiomi and see if I can figure out what happened. I'm sorry El made her cry, but I don't know why you're looking to me for this. You're stuck in the same situation. Why can't you control Ed and Al? Haven't you been childhood friends with them too?" Trevor took a deep breath and exhaled sharply, "I'll go find Kiomi. Then there will be no more crying. Then we'll be good, alright?" Trevor headed past Winry while running his hands through his hair. He was now rather stressed out at the situation too.

Winry turned around, letting a few tears of her own crawl down to her chin. They were warm, and stung her face. While watching Trevor's back fade as he walked down the stairs, Winry's soft but cracking voice slightly pierced the air, "If only Kiomi was the only one crying...then we'd be good...but you're too busy trying to do the best for your friend to realize you're having the same selfish feelings as well...or maybe...you're just a good guy..."

Trevor had made it back downstairs to where Al and Ayumi were working on keeping the children occupied and rather quiet, since the entire day was rather chaotic and they didn't want the children to interfere with whatever was actually happening. Trevor still heard the crying, but was rather unsure still where it was coming from exactly. When Trevor had looked around his eyes focused on the window that had peeked at the side of the house. The window had been right where a tree sat outside and the screen was cracked open just enough for someone to slip through it. He suddenly realized the crying had lead him to the one spot he might find her. Trevor eyed the window before he huffed and walked himself over to the open screen. He squeezed himself through before climbing over to the tree. He could definitely tell the crying was coming from the roof. It took a minute for him to climb all the way up and to be able to cross to the roof safely. His eyes searched the area before he had spotted the back of Kiomi's head sitting by the chimney. He bit his lip before crawling over a branch and balancing himself on the roof.

"Kiomi? Is everything alright?" He asked holding out his arms as he slowly walked towards the chimney.

Kiomi jumped looking back over to see who had questioned her. She had been startled which stopped her from crying for a second. "T-Trevor...what are you doing up here?'' she whispered as she attempted to wipe away her tears.