Meeting Vapor

Everyone was awake before Éclair the next morning and happily eating breakfast around the table, preparing for the day ahead. Ayumi was smiling as she brought out a huge pile of pancakes, "this should wake the sleepy girl up. Fresh hot breakfast!"

"Thanks Ayumi, those look good!" Alphonse told her, "I hope it wasn't too much trouble."

"Nah, wasn't that hard at all. Besides, everyone's going to need their energy today. Kiomi and Éclair and I are heading to Vapor's, and you boys are running to the next town over to gather the charcoal that Trevor was promised."

Trevor nodded, "oh yeah, did Éclair show you the route through the mountain woods?"

Alphonse shook his head, "Not yet, we've got to wait for her to wake up."

"Wonder why she's still sleeping..." Trevor looked up to the door to her room on the second floor, "You two are okay right? Nothing awful happened last night did it?"

Edward nodded as he ate his food waiting until he swallowed to answer back. "Oh yeah, we're fine, we just woke up in the middle of the night so she must still be tired." he stood up a moment stretching his arms, "I'm going to go check on her, I'm pretty sure she's just really tired but either way."

"What happened in the middle of the night?" Ayumi asked.

Alphonse turned to Edward, "Was it her nightmares?"

"How did you know about those?!" Edward shouted and turned to Alphonse.

"She woke up a few nights ago and asked me about it because you were sleeping." Alphonse defended. "Edward, is she alright?"

Edward sighed, "Well I'm hoping she's alright,she said that it's been happening more than once and it just shakes her up a lot. I wish I could stop them for her but I can't..."

Alphonse shook his head, "She's been going through a lot lately, I'm sure once things settle down a little more she'll be alright."

"I hope so, I don't know much about nightmares, but she does seem rather scared and stressed out recently." Ayumi commented, "Trevor, what do you think?"

Trevor looked down to his food, "well, the only time she had them when she was little was after her father and my mother were gone, she was scared but didn't let anyone know...she was better once she finally decided to throw herself into her studies."

"She told me it happened after the portal incident and that it had something to do with not being able to save me...she's afraid shes going to lose me but I told her I wont leave her...I just have to help distract her from those nightmares..."

Alphonse turned to his brother, "Edward...she says she can't save you because you..." Alphonse stopped his sentence mid sentence, "In her dreams, she watches you die in front of her. That's what she told me a few days ago. It freaks her out." Alphonse admitted. "I never usually find her awake in the middle of the night, but she was scared that first time, she did seem to have collected herself a bit before finding me though."

Edward took a deep breath "She was really freaked out last night...I don't want her to be worried about that because I promised her I wasn't going to do anything stupid to leave her. I'm going to go check on her..." he pushed his chair in before turning to head upstairs.

"I hope they're both okay..." Ayumi sighed, "Éclair and Edward seem like they're both getting worse...if only they could get some time away from all the drama and chaos for a few days...I hope taking her out to Vapor's today makes her feel better."

"We're all worried about them but I'm sure the both of them eventually will feel better." Alphonse commented with a soft sigh. The table became silent once more and they all sat and stared at their breakfast. Meanwhile, Edward carefully made it upstairs to Eclair's room.