Muffins & Buckets

Éclair woke up later in the night to the sound of the thunder once and the clicking of the generator. She yawned as she stood up from the floor and grabbed her black jacket and gloves then headed out of her room. She slowly put on her jacket, careful not to drop her gloves as she made her way down to the basement where she yawned once again. Éclair then put on her gloves and clapped her hands, fixing the generator and restoring power to the shop. "That's better..." She yawned again as she heard her stomach growl. This made her take a stop to one of her favorite places before heading back to bed: the kitchen.

Éclair arrived in the kitchen to find Kiomi still awake, reading one of the books Éclair had received from her shopping trip. "Couldn't sleep?" Éclair asked as she began raiding the fridge.

"Huh?" Kiomi looked up, startled by hearing a voice so late at night. Once she noticed it was simply Eclair raiding the fridge, she was not as startled as she originally was, "Oh, I assumed that was you fixing the generator, yeah I can't really so I just stay up and read all night." she sighed setting her book aside looking over to the kitchen, "Any luck on your expedition there?"

Éclair stuck her head out of the fridge with a bunch of sausages that were meant to be cooked for tomorrow's breakfast stuffed in her mouth, "eaaa. Whaaa ooo yuu iiiink?" She took a moment to finally chew her food like a normal person before grabbing a muffin from the counter and shutting the fridge, "found some good stuff, yeah."

"Looks like it." Kiomi laughed shaking her head, "You know this might be random but I never thought the rain up here would be so cold."

"Eh, you get used to it. The hot rain is gross. It's sticky and then everything smells and is humid. Kinda gross. It gets worse when it gets close to winter." Éclair admitted as she sat down at the table and began to devour the muffin she found.

Kiomi shuttered at the thought of something more cold and gross. "It already looked sticky enough when you two came in here drenched in mud. Are you two doing alright by the way? You seemed fine when you came in but when you were out there fighting with each other I could sense something was off.."

Éclair froze in place for a second as she stopped eating her muffin like a maniac. She then looked to her right wrist, which only had a few scratch marks and some bruising on it now from her attempting to dislodge it by her own brute force, "uh..." she began, not knowing where to begin with her words.

Kiomi raised her eyebrow at Eclair noticing how disheveled she suddenly became, "Well I only brought it up because it just wasn't like you two to seem that way is all...so I was just going to ask to make sure...is it?"

After a moment of staring at her wrist, Éclair sighed, "You can't tell anyone, alright? It's weird and embarrassing." She took her right hand off the table so she didn't have to look at her wrist anymore since it was frustrating her.

"I can do that, I promise I won't tell anybody." Kiomi lightly smiled to reassure Eclair she could trust her.

Éclair continued to look down towards her muffin, "Edward confessed...that he likes me...just as I thought." She stated in a very bland, rather emotionless tone as her eyes narrowed. She seemed rather uneasy on the outside, as if she was playing a game of pretend to hide the worst of her uneasiness within herself.

"And you don't like that he likes you or...?" Kiomi spoke softly as she noticed Eclair's uneasiness and the fact that those two were getting somewhere from where they had started.

"I don't know. I just...does this mean we won't be able to study together like we have been? Or will I never see him again because we won't even be allowed to work together? Is he just going to vanish like everyone else did now?" Éclair rambled off a few of her questions she had in a low tone. "I was really hoping he wouldn't disappear on me too...almost everyone else who liked me vanished too. Trevor would've vanished had I not given my arm for him, now he hates me for doing such. Trevor's father is the only other one not to leave because I do my best to keep my distance before something happens to him too."