Chapter 9: A Pissing Contest

Azura's POV
The only thing I look forward to while here in the Hamptons is my new friends. Bea and Leen have been nice. Occasionally, Kei joins us. I never gave her a chance in Saint Tropez. I decided to open myself up to her friendship. She's nice.

Today we are meeting at a restaurant that ght next to the beach. We are bringing along our children. In total, we have ten. Bea has three. Kei has five. Lorraine has one. I have one. Leen is coming with her unborn baby. She specified that. We are thinking of putting together a baby shower while she's still in New York.

Amir is happy to be meeting up with his friends. He has a skip in his step. Nothing fills me with hope like looking at my son. When the dust settles, he will be the only one I'll have left. I love my little prince.

"Slow down Amir!" I laughed. "We are almost there-"

He ran off as soon as he saw Marcelle and Terrence.

"Their excitement is infectious!" Bea laughed.

"Is it just me or those are a while lot of boys!" Lorraine asked.

"Actually it's balanced out." Bea pointed out. "I reserved seats by the window."

We made our way there. Leen is already seated with her feet on the table. Kei is nursing one of her twins. The other one is asleep in a stroller. We exchanged our greetings and sat down.

Being in the Hamptons keeps me away from work. I can handle most of the duties remotely but when I'm done, I'm just a bored housewife. These women have careers. I don't want to be left out. Sometimes, they talk about work and it feeos good to chip in. Kei owns a travel and leisure company. Leen is a CEO. Lorraine is a lawyer and Bea is the head of the mechanics division in BC. I'm hoping my uncle will honour his promise to let me run my father's oil business.

"How are you liking the Hamptons?" Leen threw the question out there.

We are all new here. She grew up here.

"It's not like Saint Tropez." Keira answered first. "Not as luxurious. But sort of homely."

"I'm just happy it's not bloody raining everyday." Bea chuckled.

"I hate sunshine." Lorraine tends to be really dark. She looks like sunshine but she is as cold as winter.

"You guys make it bearable." I answered, catching their attention.

"You know something Azura, you are a good person." Keira told me. "I think that you should keep playing your part, regardless of the situation."

"Or find a way to get rid of Naila." Leen suggested. "The nerve of that woman!"

"Let me guess, you also had an encounter?" Lorraine asked.

"What did she again?" Leen looked at me with a crooked smile.

"She said you look unflattering and you have always struggled to maintain a waistline." I answered.

"No shit." Lorraine laughed. "What did you do?"

"She met the manifestation of my hormones." Leen showed her folded fist.

"If she tries me..." Lorraine scoffed.

"Guys, maybe we should give her a chance."

"To do what exactly? Wreck Azura's marriage? Get Nick's baby? Hell no!" Leen shot Bea down fast. "If she even looks at Sinclair, heaven help her."

"I should say something." Bea went on. "I can't reveal the exact details but she is going through a dark phase in her life."

"Everyone has gone through something dark. It doesn't excuse her behavior." Leen continued to express her disagreement. "I have know NaiNai since she was a little girl and she is nothing but mischief and trouble."