Chapter 30: A brother?

Naila's POV
Once upon a time, I stood outside an empty shop like this looking at a dream come true. I started a dance studio in Bucharest that ended up doing so well before it was all ruined!

As I walking down the street today, I saw this vacant shop and I remembered my dance studio. It was such a coincidence that I ran into the owner and after a productive chat, he has agreed to lease it to me. I want to start doing the things that bring me joy. It's as though I'm finally listening to Freya from beyond the grave.

In the reflection of the glass, I caught sight of a familiar face; a woman holding hands with her daughter. She has a skip in her step. I turned quickly with a smile on my face. Truth be said, when I first heard of her existence I hated her. I never thought the day would come when I would willingly offer her a smile.

"Kei!" I called her.

"Hey!" She came over quickly and gave me a hug. Marcella waved at me. "How nice to run into you. What are you doing here?"

"I just leased this shop!"

"Congratulations! What are you planning to do with it?"

"I'm opening a dance studio."

"That's great! I didn't know you dance!" My attention momentarily shifted to the photographers stalking her. "Don't mind them."

"Is that normal for you?"

"Yes. Absolutely normal." She smiled.

"I used to be a ballet dancer, up until high school."

"Me too!"

"You still look like one."

"I'm really honored that you think that." She chuckled. "Here is your first student." She pointed at Marcella.

"Seriously?"

"Yes! I'd like for her to take ballet. All my daughters. You can start with Maddie and Marcella. Oh! I also know some moms with daughters who would be happy to join."

"Are you seriously helping me get out?"

"Starting out is the hardest." She squeezed my arm. "Whenever I hear female entrepreneurs trying to start a business, I like to help. Even if it's references. We have to stick together."

To think I've been so mean to her. "Do you want to step inside qnd talk a bit?"

She agreed. "About that thing with Nick-" she stopped me.

"Marcella, go play over there." She pointed to a corner.

"But there's nothing there."

"Be creative." She nudged her to go away. "Sorry. She can't keep her mouth shut."

"I was saying I'm sorry about asking Nick to get me pregnant. That was way out of line."

"You can imagine if he didn't have any principles." She responded with a serious expression. "Right after that it was Azura's marriage that came to an end. I'll admit I was worried you'll drive me out next. Despite Nick's assurances you ricked us a little. I appreciate your apology and I hope we can out it behind us."

"I would like that very much. I would also like to have you as a friend if you want to be friends, that is."

She smiled at me. "I'd like that Naila. In fact, why don't you fone over for afternoon tea tomorrow? I'm baking my favorite cake. Pineapple upside down cake. You are the only one who hasn't had it."

"I'm not much of a sweet tooth but I hear you can sway people with your baking. I'll see you tomorrow afternoon."

"Marcella! Come along sweetie!" She skipped back to her mother.