Chapter 12: The Wrecking Ball

Cole's POV
Rapid banging on Tony's door at 4am in the morning is the product of joy being able to sleep. I'm struggling to process three things. The murder my father talked about. My wife leaving me. Naila's so called son.

"Naila!" I called out.

An older man, Tony's butler, opened the door.

"Mr Harrington, how can I help you?"

"Tell Naila to come down here right now!" I demanded.

"Sir it's 4am in the morning. Wouldn't you rather come back at a more appropriate time?"

"Tell her to come out here, now."

He nodded and closed the door. I kept pacing on the porch, impatient about her arrival so that we can clear the air. She has personally dedicated herself to wreck my marriage!

"Cole." It's Tony. "What is going on?"

"Naila. Where is she?"

"She isn't here. What is this about?"

"It does not concern you. I know she's here."

"Mate, I don't know what the bloody hell is going on but you won't bsng on my door this early in the morning without you giving me good reason. If you won't tell me what's wrong, leave."

"My wife will leave me because of her lies!"

"What lies?" He asked.

"When you see your damn sister, tell her to come see me."

I got into my car and sped away.

I'll drive to my father's house and I'll try to talk to Azura. This is not how things should play out between us. I want her to stay, to be part of my life. It can't end like this.

My father leaves about ten minutes away from the cove. I expected the gates to open automatically as they always do but they remained closed, forcing me to break hard.

I stuck my head out of the window, looking at the waiting guard. "Open the damn gate!"

He came out through the smaller one and came to the car. "Good morning Mr Harrington. I'm afraid I can't let you in."

"Why not?" I demanded.

"Orders from your father. You are not welcome here."

"What?" I got out of the car in a mad fit. "That is nonesense! I grew up here!"

"His words sir, not mine. I'm sorry." He went back in and it marked the end of my reasonable attempt to get in.

I jumped on the hood of my car and jumped up to grip the upper part of the gate. I jumped in, met with defiance from the guards.

"Touch me and you will all regret it!" I threatened them. "This is between me and my father."

They backed off and I began running up the driveway, to the grand structure I have called home for as long as I can remember. It's hardly the time to be causing drama but I can't just lose my family like that.

When I reached the front door, more bodyguards spilled out of the house, forming a walk to block me.

My father emerged from behind them. "Good morning Cole. Are you hard of hearing or just downright daft?"

"My wife and son are in there! Regardless of our indifferences, be reasonable enough to let me see them!"

"Your domestic issues are none of my business. However, this is my home. You are not wanted here. If you want to speak to your wife and son, wait until they leave the estate. Throw him out."