Chapter 28: ...Cannot Be Fixed

Cole's POV
I decided to fly to Oman. It was a last minute thing and I didn't call ahead.

I have been stopped at the gate. The guards are the same from the time I lived here but they must know Azura and I are divorced. They won't let me in without her permission. Like a guest, I have to call ahead.

"Hello." She answered.

"Hi." I found myself smiling at the sound of her voice.

"Hi. Are you okay?"

"I'm in... I know this is short notice but I'm in Oman. I'm actually at your gate. They won't let me in without your permission." I informed her.

"I'll come out to meet you."

Why would she come out to meet me?

I informed the guards and they let me through. Azura's compound is beautiful. She's rich and she lives luxuriously. She told me she never wants to go back to how things were when she was a maid.

As the taxi came up the driveway, I spotted a white Lamborghini parked under the shaded parking spot. Azura is mostly at the back of chauffeured cars. She does not drive. Unless she's buying Ethan sports cars, there is a man here.

She is coming towards me. I paid the taxi driver and got out of the car. It's really hot! It feels like the sun is just above my head. I want to get into the house and take a cold shower. I know she has lunch ready. I miss her cooking. But most importantly, I'm excited to see her.

"Cole! I wasn't expecting you!"

I expressed my excitement when I kissed her. It lasted seconds before she pulled away, looking surprised by my decision to kiss her.

"What's wrong?" I asked her

"Uh... I wasn't expecting you."

"Considering how hot it is, can we go inside?"She pressed her palms on my chest. It's a clear sign of rejection. She does not want me here. "Is there a problem?"

"It's not a good time."

"Has it got anything to do with the Lamborghini parked over there?" I pointed out. "I know you don't drive such and it can't be Ethan's. Who are you entertaining?"

I dropped my bag.

"Okay, slow down buddy." She got suddenly defensive. "This is my house and we are divorced. Whoever I entertain is my business."

"Not when my son is living with you. I am holding you by the same rules you are holding me to. You will not have playboys around my son!"

"He is not a playboy."

"Then let me in, so that I can meet him." I think my aggression just went up!

"No. You don't get to control this situation. You need to go Cole."

"Sorry, I'm not leaving."

I pushed my way past her. "Cole Michael!" I ignored her as I quickened my steps.

I followed the sound of laughter, my heart pounding hard against my chest. When I budged into the dining room, I saw him. I saw the driver of the white Lamborghini. He is holding my son, showing him something on his phone.

Ethan smiled at me. The man looks surprised to see me.

"Who the fuck are you?" I asked.

Ethan's smoke faded, he sat up straight.

"Why don't you excuse the grown ups?" He instructed my son.

Ethan left without protest.

"Cole, don't start something!" Azura warned me.