Chapter 38: Live With It

Naila's POV
Summer is upon us.

Azura is getting married and Ethan will be staying with Cole up till October. Since she will be bringing him over tomorrow, I have decided to see her today.

Cole and I live together now. I'm not ready to move out for four months, not when out bond has grown and we are four months away from welcoming our child. The only way is to face her and hopefully we agree when we end the conversation.

She is not staying at the Harrington Hotel. She is staying in another five star hotel, a close competitor to the Harrington Hotels. The Crown Of Bailey is another luxurious line in the hotel scene.

"May I help you?" A man in a black suit asked me after I knocked. He has a thick Arab accent.

"Hello. My name is Naila. I'm here to see Azura Al-fayed."

"Is she expecting you?"

"No she's not."

"Then you cannot see her."

"Please." I pressed my palm on the door when he wanted to close it. "Tell her it's about Ethan."

He nodded and closed the door. I waited patiently for him to come back. The seconds went into a minute and every second after that my doubt as to whether she will see me grew. When the man opened the door I was pleasantly surprised.

"She will see you." He gestured me in.

Azura is seated with Ethan on an armchair. They are colouring. He raised his eyes first. I smiled at him but he only stared. When Azura saw me, she slowly set her son down. "Go colour in your room."

He went on his way in the company of a bodyguard.

"He looks taller."

Azura didn't respond to my words. She looks serious. "My condolences on the loss of your mother."

"Thank you. Azura, I know I did you wrong. Coming in between you and Cole like that... I was wrong."

"What do you want me to say?" She shrugged.

"That you forgive me."

"Cole and I may have had our differences and moments when our relationship was strained but if we would have worked on it, we could have still been together. My son wouldn't have been broken. But you didn't give us a chance to fail on our own. You came in and wrecked us. Forgiveness is for unintentional harm. But when someone knows exactly what they want, malicious and harmful, and they still do it, it's not a mistake that needs forgiveness. It's a decision you need to live with."

"But you forgive Cole."

"Cole is Amir's father. I have to forgive him. You are nothing to me. No relationship whatsoever. If you had yried to be a friend before you did this to us, maybe I would have considered forgiveness. But you are a stranger Naila. The best I can do is forget about you. But I cannot forget how you tormented me and even hit me in front of my son."

"Azura I'm sorry."

"Why are you here? It's not forgiveness you want. Why are you here?"

"Cole and I are together in a relationship. We live together. I four months, we will have a baby. We are going to be a family. You... Ethan will be part of that family because he is after all Cole's son. I want to make peace. You don't have to forgive me, let's just get along for Ethan's sake."

"You don't look pregnant."

"Surrogate."

She sighed. "We won't get along. The only way is for us never to have to be in a situation that needs us to get along. You don't have my forgiveness either. I want you to live with what you've done. If there's nothing else-"