Chapter 34: All In

Naila's POV
My amendment list still has two people on it, Azura and Leen. I'm not eager to approach either one of these women. Azura is in the middle east and Leen is a few houses away from Tony. Still, I cannot bring my heavy legs to go over and just talk to her.

Instead of that twin, I'm seeing the other one. The one I love. I'm still waiting on his answer and I will make sure I'm around ever so often so that he doesn't forget he needs to give me an answer. I have been nothing but persistent. He's quite accommodating but sometimes he looks frustrated.

When I rang the doorbell, it didn't take him long to open. He left the door open and hurried away without saying a word. Puzzled by his actions, I followed him. The sound of nursery rhymes immediately put a smile on my face. I noticed a pink blanket on the floor. I picked up the soft thing. It feels like cashmere. It smells like a baby.

A baby.

I saw Cole on the sofa, holding a little baby. My heart started to race as I got closer. The little girl is Leen's daughter. It's Geneviève. She looks so good in Cole's arms. There is something sexy about a big strong man holding a baby. It just softens him up.

"She's... so pretty." I whispered.

"Such an angel." He told me. "It's hard to believe she came from a Leen and Sinclair combo." He chuckled.

Those two are what I'll say is the worst couple to mess with. They are both bad ass.

I sat on the arm of the seat, staring at the little girl. For me, seeing a baby is like an alcoholic seeing a bottle of whiskey. I want one badly. I can almost imagine myself holding my own.

"Cole... why do you have her?" I asked as my eyes suddenly embarked on a search for Leen. There is nothing else other than the baby that suggests she could be here.

"I asked Leen if I can have her for the day. She agreed. I want a little reminder of when Ethan was this little. Those days were simpler."

Will I ever forget what I did to his family?

Geneviève's blue eyes settled on me. She broke into a tender smile. My heart melted to the point I became drawn to her. I got closer, wanting nothing but to hold her. She's like warmth on a winter evening.

"She's perfect! Cole she's so pretty!" I noted the curly hair and the dark blue of her eyes. "She is all Sinclair, isn't she?"

"Physically, yes." Cole agreed.

I wonder what Sinclair would have made with Kei if she agreed to have a baby of him. Kei makes beautiful kids. In my opinion, it would have been something to see.

Bas had a darker shade of blue in his eyes, darker than Frank's. But come to think of it, he really behaved like Frank.

"When Ethan was born we often wondered who he will be like. He was such a good calm kid."

"Who is he like?"

I don't know Azura too well. Maybe she is nice. I'm not sure.

"His mother."

"I think he's like you." Cole gazed at me.

"No. He's not. Ethan has a good pure heart like his mother. My heart is dark. He is not like me." He looks irritated. "Do you want to hold her?"

"Am I allowed to-"

Before I could respond, Geneviève was in my arms and he was gone. I think he's upset. I slowly sat on the sofa, holding the little girl. She is no longer smiling. She's trying to look for Cole. I hope she doesn't cry. She looked comfortable with Cole.