Chapter 41: Wedding Gown Or Crib?

It was Bea who found the ring and she actually tried to run away with. Had it not been for the boys cornering her, she would have gotten away with it too.

The ring now rests on my finger, sparkling in the calm morning light. It's like a dream come true, a dream as true as the newborn baby we will hold any day now.

Leen welcomed a baby boy. They named him Pascal. He is exactly what she wanted. Curly hair and blue eyes just like his father. We are yet to go to Marseilles to meet the little boy. She says Pascal is the calmest little thing. He sleeps a lot. I wonder what my child will be like.

We are in between planning a wedding and preparing for a baby. Cole wants the wedding before the baby. I think we should get the baby first. We are in between that right now, trying to agree what should come first.

"That used to be my mom's ring." The little voice startled me. The little boy wearing superhero pajamas got closer to me. It's quite unusual because Ethan avoids me. It must be the ring. "Why do you have it?"

"I have it because... your father gave it to me. You might want to take it up with him."

"Why did he give it to you?"

Cole hasn't told him about the wedding. Has he told him about the baby or is he planning to surprise the kid? Honestly I don't understand how this step parent thing works. I don't know what is my place and what isn't.

"Ask your dad Ethan. It will be easier that way."

"Are you getting married to my dad?" Sharp kid. "Arham gave my mom a ring like that and now she is married to him."

Wedding season started with Leen. I expected Kei to follow but it seems she's not in a hurry to marry Nick. Azura followed in a lavish wedding in Abu Dhabi. It seems I'll be next.

"Yes I am."

"Okay." He shrugged.

Just like that he left me as quietly as he had arrived. My eyes trailed him into the house. He closed the door and that's it. I faced the front of  the compound with a frown on my face. I don't kniw what to do about Ethan or how to react. The last thing I want to do is offend him.

I think I'll just allow him to always make the first move at conversations. It should be easier that way.

"Wedding or baby? Which one comes first?" I wondered out loud.

"Wedding." Come answered and placed a gentke kiss at the top of my head.

"Honeymoon? When will we squeeze that in?"

"After the baby."

"That's weird."

"What is a honeymoon?"

"Necessary time for us to be alone after the wedding."

"What will we do differently from what we are doing now?"

Now he makes me feel extra silly for even saying it. "Baby first. Then when the baby is a little older, we can get married. Please Cole. Let's do it that way. I don't want to rush through planning a wedding. I just don't know what I want."

"I thought you wanted a fairytale like Leen."

"I have sadly realized that a woman thinks she knows what she wants until the actual wedding and then she blanks out. I am overwhelmed with choices."

"Hire Leen's planner."

"We can't afford her."

"We can. Did I not tell you that I own 50% of the Harrington Hotels?"