chapter 14

Kyle's pov

It was Monday after school, and I was waiting for my parents to come home so I could tell them about Stan and I. In the meantime, I decided that I would tell Ike.

I walked across the hall, and knocked on his open door, making him look up from his phone.

"What's up Kyle?" He asked.

"There's something I want to tell you." I told him.

"That you're dating Stan?" He asked.

"What?" I asked, "How did you know?"

"Well he stayed over last night...walls are pretty thin dude..." He trailed off.

"Oh.." I blushed.

"You're lucky I went downstairs to distract mom and dad so they wouldn't hear anything." Ike said.

"Well, how do you think they'll react to him and I being together?" I asked.

Ike shrugged, "I'm sure they'll be okay with it."

My parents were home within the next ten minutes, and I met them downstairs. I decided to just get it over with quickly.

"Hey, mom, dad, I need to talk to you about something." I told them.

"What is it Kyle?" My mom asked.

"So um..Stan and I are together." I said.

"What?" My mom asked, seeming annoyed.

"Stan is my boyfriend?" I said, confused.

My mom didn't say anything, just glared at me, and went upstairs.

"What's her deal?" I asked my dad.

"To be honest Kyle, your mother wasn't all that happy when you told us that you like boys aswell as girls," my dad began, "she was kinda just hoping that you'd only date girls."

I rolled my eyes at that. Of course she's not okay with it.

"Well what about you dad?" I asked him, "Are you okay with it?"

"I'm okay with it Kyle, just, no more overnight visits." He told me.

"I figured that." I said, walking upstairs.

Stan's pov

I was telling my parents about Kyle and I today, and I was nervous. Should I be? I've only ever dated a girl, would they think differently of me?

I was putting it off ever since they got home, but I guess I should just go ahead and get it over with, so I went downstairs.

  "Hello Stan." My mom said.

  "Hey, there's something I should probably tell you." I said to both of my parents.

  "Yes?" My dad asked.

  "So...Kyle is my boyfriend." I told them.

  "That's so cool." My dad said.

  "Uh, thanks? I guess."

  "How long have you been together?" My mom asked me.

  "About a week." I answered.

  "So...you've been staying  overnight with each other a lot this past week..." my mom trailed off.

  "Uh..." I knew my face was bright red, I didn't even think about this coming up, "yeah..."

"Stan, please tell me that you're being safe-"

"Mom!" I cut her off, feeling my face get even hotter, "Can we not talk about this?"

She sighed, "Okay."

I went upstairs, trying to not feel so awkward, but of course I still did. I looked at my phone, seeing a text from Kyle.

Kyle: i guess my mom wasnt actually ok with me dating boys. my dad was cool about it tho!

Kyle: everything go ok with your parents?

Stan: sorry about ur mom. but yea they were accepting!

Stan: except my mom was trying to have an awkward sex talk!

Kyle: damn sorry dude

Kyle: at less they're accepting!

Stan: u got a point there

At least my parents accept me.