chapter 20

Kyle's pov

I left Stan's house shortly after he told me that. It just felt too awkward. I really really like him and care about him, I just don't think I'm in love with him. I spent the rest of the day isoalted in my room. Kenny called me a couple more times, but I ignored them again. But then he texted me.

Kenny: talk to me please

Kenny: please stop ignoring me

I felt bad for ignoring him. But I also felt bad for Stan. He said he wasn't trying to get me to say that I love him back, but at the same time, I feel like it upset him that I didn't say it back. What if he thought that I was gonna say it back and mean it? Am I thinking too much into it? I'm just gonna go to sleep.

-

I woke up the next day to knocking on my door.

"Kyle?" Ike called.

"Come in!" I said, sitting up in my bed.

"What's going on?" He asked, sitting next to me, "You okay?"

"Yeah," I lied, "why wouldn't I be?"

"Maybe because I had to wake you up at 2:00 in the afternoon?" Ike said.

I sighed, "Just...stupid stuff."

"Relationship stuff?" Ike asked me.

"Yeah," I told him, "Stan told me that he loved me, and I didn't say it back."

"So you don't feel the same?" He asked.

"No," I sighed again, "I wish I did, but I just don't."

"You can't help that you don't feel that way," Ike shrugged, "How'd Stan take it?"

"He seemed to be okay with it, but I' not sure if he is." I said, "I made things so awkward."

"Maybe you should go see him," Ike suggested, "the longer the you wait to see him, the more awkward it will be."

"Yeah, I think you're right." I told him.

Ike left my room, and I checked my phone to see missed calls and texts from Kenny and Stan both.

Kenny: i really think we should talk

Stan: hey :) wanna do something today?

I realized that Stan texted me almost an hour ago, so I quickly called him.

"Hey." He answered.

"Hey babe, sorry I overslept. I just saw your text though and I would love to hang out with you." I told him.

"Okay, I'll come pick you up," Stan said, "see you soon hon."

-

I just finished getting ready for the day, when I heard a knock on the front door. I quickly headed downstairs, opening the door.

"Hey." Stan smiled.

"Hey." I smiled back, immediately pulling him into a long kiss.

"Great kiss, but what was that for?" He lightly laughed.

  "What? I can't kiss my amazing boyfriend?" I smiled.

"You can do whatever you want to your amazing boyfriend." Stan winked.

"Oh really?" I smirked, "Maybe you'll have to prove that tonight."

"Dude..."

I turned around, seeing Ike.

  "Sorry, didn't see you there..." I blushed.

  "Yeah, me neither.." Stan laughed nervously, "let's just go."

  "Could've been worse," I started, once we got in his car, "could've been my parents."

  "Yeah, that'd be much worse." Stan laughed, "So, where to?"