Conversations

"Oh my God" you repeated for the seventeenth time.

"Babe, what are you freaking out about?"

Matt was sat on one end of the couch, his laptop on his legs as they stretched on to the coffee table in front of him. He was busy doing promotion work for his own brand, but all he could hear was the Tv and you freaking out over something.

"Matt" you said dramatically, looking at him as you refreshed your phone again to see nothing.

"Y/N" he responded, laughing at how serious you were being.

"The All Too Well music video drops in two minutes and I already want to cry" you said seriously, because that's how you were feeling.

You were a huge Taylor Swift fan. You loved her and her music. Your favourite song was All Too Well was your favourite song, and when you heard it was getting re-recorded and it was going to be a ten minute version. You couldn't love her more if you tried.

"I swear, you love her more than me"

"Obviously" you said, rolling your eyes and looking back at your phone. Your screen was loading and the video was appearing on your screen. "Oh my God, it's Dylan O'Brien!" You yelled at your phone.

"I have no chance against these people" Matt shook his head and went back to his work.

When the video ended, you paused for a minute. It was a masterpiece and it left an impact on your human being. Taylor was a genius and a goddess. There was nothing she couldn't do.

"Matt" you started, after watching it for a third time.

"Y/N"

"I can't believe you don't like Taylor's music" you tutted him.

"Taylor Swift is for girls" Matt shook his head, confused.

"She's Taylor Swift!" You exaggerated, trying to make a point.

"You're the weirdest person I've ever met" Matt laughed, shaking his head at you and your love for Taylor.

"But you love me"

"Of course I do. Get over here so we can watch the music video together"

~

It was Wednesday evening and all you could think about was Friday.

Work was going slow this week and you wanted it to be over already. Your boss was annoying and your colleagues were slacking, so you were bored. Coming home to Matt made things better, because he loved listening to you rant.

"And then, Mary had the audacity to make coffee for everyone but me" you told him, waving your hands around to get your point across.

Matt was stood at the sink, washing dishes from this morning's breakfast, and he smiled listening to you ramble on about your day. He loved moments like these. He was just your boyfriend and nothing more.

"You did tell Claire that Mary was having an affair with her husband though" Matt pointed out, doing his best see the situation from both sides.

"Oh, so you're taking Mary's side now?"

"I didn't say that" Matt put the last dish on the draining board and walked over to you, wrapping his arms around your waist. "I'm just trying to understand how cruel people are to my favourite person"

You smiled and kissed his chest.

"Sorry for ranting" you sighed, hugging him tight. He smelt like coffee and perfume. He smelt like home.

"Don't apologise. It's good to get it out" he kissed your head, before going over to the kettle. You sighed, letting the last of your stress leave your body so you can put the argument to rest. "Do you want a coffee?"

"Please" you sighed, leaning against the kitchen side. You ran your hand over your face and rubbed the tiredness from your eyes.

Matt smiled sadly, hating to see you this way, before abandoning the coffee and walking over to you. He leaned down, resting his forehead on yours.

"I love you" Matt stated, reminding you of the most important thing. You smiled, watching his eyes sparkle.

"I love you too"

"It was a bad day today, but you got through it and I'm proud of you. Tomorrow will be better, I promise"

"Thanks, Matt" you tilted your head to catch his lips. You loved how soft and gentle he was, making sure he didn't force himself too much but also not too little.

"Anything for you"