Fifteen| Half bad

Linden Evergreen

I was going to be sick.

And I mean it, the paper before me made me physically ill. I'd finished it and all I had to do was turn it in, the last of six finals. But for some reason, I felt like this was the worst paper in the history of papers.

I know that was a bit dramatic, the worst paper in history probably had three misspelled words on one page and this one had a frame, paragraphs, and probably two misspelled words.

"Times up, pencils down" My head shoots up to the professor as she begins collecting the papers from students. I glanced at it quickly one last time and as she made it to me I placed it in the pile.

Lifting my backpack it felt heavier, even for Dr. Thayer's final I didn't feel fully confident in myself. I was distracted, my life had been a lot more interesting these days knowing I was public enemy number one. But there was one thing I finally had, a break.

Well, I had one last class that happened to be Making of Monsters. The demon spawn he was made this mandatory and it was one that made me feel sick. It was a conclusion of our case evaluation, I knew they hadn't caught me because I'd either be in cuffs or Atlas's office.

I found my way out of the classroom and made my way through the building. The blue sky above relieved me as the cold air filled my lungs. It was something I desperately needed after hours in a suffocating room.

"Lunden!" His voice calls me, one I've avoided for weeks now. I looked to see Zach down the way from me waving at me. I already felt like I could vomit and I knew I didn't have the stomach for him. So instead I turned the other way and began my walk to the other side of campus.

"Lunden please!" I turn to see him beginning to run my way and so with no other options I too begin to run, but away from him. "Lunden come on!" I didn't want to speak to Zach, he was an athlete who was gaining on me, but I knew how to run.

My heart raced as I heard his steps behind me and as I looked behind me he was just five people away.

"Leave me alone Zach!" I didn't want to talk. I turn to the road and like an idiot I trip on the curb. The sound of a car screeching as it comes to a halt. It was just a foot away from squashing me. My knee was scraped, I knew because of the burning feeling against it.

"Oh my god Lunden are you okay?!" Zach began to rush over to me and I heard the car door slam and I rolled to my back. I looked up to see him staring at me in the road, now this was embarrassing if anything.

"Jesus Lunden, what the fuck happened" Atlas stood with a worried look on his face and bent down to help me, "Tell me are you hurt?"

"Lunden?" My gaze moved to Zach who stared at me worried. This was his fucking fault, I was almost roadkill because of the bastard. Atlas's eyes followed mine and landed on Zach.

"I think she was running from you for good reason... If she wants you to leave her alone, I suggest you do" His tone was ice as a chill ran down my spine. He looked almost angry at Zach but once he looked back at me, that same worried look came back.

"I'm okay" I began to stand up and his hand found its way around my waist as he helped me stand. I stood for a moment as he held me until the sound of a beep came.