Twenty Five | I'm sorry Dr.Thayer

Lunden Evergreen

"Come on... please" Eleanor shoots me that same smirk she gives when she wants something.

"No."

"Please, please for me? Come on Alice can't go and I was invited, me, I was this time!" Her arms wrapped around me from behind as she squeezed me tight.

"I don't think she'll ever stop, plus you never go out?" I look across the room to Verena who sat curled up in the black armchair.

"You're in sweats right now and I've never seen you go out and have fun?" A blush filled her cheeks as she shrugged.

"I have fun once in a while, I just don't go out to do so and people just go there to hook up and dance. I'm not trying to go and do either of those things" A smirk grew on Verena's lips, she clutched a pillow and squeezed it to her chest.

"Oh because your world is getting rocked by the professor? My friend Marcus has him this semester, he's still a hard ass you know, and seems more frustrated than ever" He wasn't that way with me, we never really talked school with him, and his work it just didn't seem appropriate.

"Yes I am very much in love with Atlas, excuse you and he's not that way with me" I watch as she shoots me a proud look, as if she knew.

"Come on, you've found your person. Help us find ours, you can be our Mother in the frat how about that?" Being sober at a frat sounded like the worst thing to exist. It sounded like my ears would bleed and I'd be sweating as the room would be hot enough that it hurt to breathe.

I'd only gone to a frat twice.

It just wasn't what I was looking for, but my friends pleaded with me. I felt like I should, I'd been more anti-social and had been closed off. I hadn't been able to go out and stalk my prey as much as I'd like, the Feds were up my ass. Hope had been warning me about traps they'd laid out.

They were so desperate to let killers 'out' of jail. They were waiting for me to go out, find my prey and kill them. Do their jobs for them. I didn't shoot a person and walk away, I inflicted fear. Something they'd done to others in their lives countless times.

"Come on, I know you've been kind of... more free recently" Verena hinted, "So it would be fun, giving yourself a night off... from studying" The way she looked at me was different than usual, she was testing me.

"Fine, you win... now I'm going to go to my dorm and get ready. Because if I go to Atlas, he'll stop me before I even step foot outside" Clapping her hands together in excitement Eleanor thanked me as I stood.

I went out into the hall as Verena followed us behind and as she came up behind me, instinctually I pressed her back up against the corner causing her to lose her breath.

A look of fear moved throughout her eyes, maybe I shouldn't have done this, "L-Lunden..." Shaken up she looked to my elbow up to her neck. It would take me two seconds to snap her neck and let her die, but I liked Verena.

She was my friend.

But she knew something, she'd been more weird than usual and I knew something was up, "Verena what is it that you want from me?" Then it changed, that look in her eye as if she knew me all too well.