Chapter 146: Welcome Back

So this flashback chapter is setting the scene up for the next chapter

_____________

Flashback Chapter

June 1996, L.A

Nikki's POV

Ring Ring Ring, Ring Ring Ring

"What the fuck is it with people calling me in the early hours of the morning.." I growled with irritation. "Yes hello?" I answered the phone.

"Morning Nikki, it's Allen Kovac."

"Hey Allen what's up?"

"So, about what we talked about, regarding the band. I was able to set up something. A meeting."

"A meeting?" I lifted my head.

"Yes, a meeting with Vince and his manager."

I groaned rubbing my face. "When and where?"

"It's going to be sometime in July. At the Continental Hyatt Hotel. Vince also agreed to drop his lawsuit against Motley. And he informed his lawyer to do whatever it takes to get you all back together. So he's all for it."

"Of course he is." I rolled my eyes. "I need to think about it."

"Jesus Nikki, there's nothing to think about. You all need this."

"What about John? We have his recordings already on the record. Plus I haven't even spoken to Mick and Tommy yet."

"Let me worry John. Plus I've already been hinting that there will be changes made in the band. John is not doing anything for the band. People don't want to see John and Motley Crue. People want Motley Crue. Understand this Nikki, you have the opportunity to make a comeback and you cannot do that with John." He exhales deeply.

"Fine... fine."

"Alright. I'll get back to you on a date that works well for everyone."

"Cool."

"And Nikki..."

"Yes?"

"Please don't come with attitude. We all need this."

"Whatever Allen."

_____________

When we did the Dr. Feelgood tour we were flying in jets and playing sold-out arenas. Everything changed when we tried to tour in ninety-four. We had to take a bus to our small shows and sometimes we had to even change on our bus because the venues didn't have change rooms.

As that tour went on, we noticed that fewer and fewer people were attending. We had called it quits when we started playing clubs to fifty people and then none.