Chapter 11

Dedicated to @Delicato bc she pitched me the idea of Elounor having more than one kid  way before this book started :)

Flashback from last chapter:

Eleanor's eyes were wide with fear as she said...

"It's coming. The baby."

What? It had only been 5 months!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Niall's POV

I could tell from Louis's expression he was NOT ready for this baby to come out so soon. None of us were. I mean, tour started back up on WEDNESDAY. If the baby really did come out, the band would be down to four members once again.

He'd disappeared into the room with Eleanor, Dani, and the doctor, and we hadn't seen them for over 3 hours now.

Carter and Vanessa had stayed behind to pack for their Hawaii honeymoon. Lucky.

Meanwhile, I had to figure out my relationship with Skylar. We'd had such a good time last night on the trampoline, and falling asleep next to her was like a dream come true. I really loved her a lot, and I was dying to make a move. But with all the stress of the baby, tour, her parents, and her brother getting married, I didn't want to bombard her with something else to stress about.

"Niall?" Skylar asked in a small voice. "Eleanor mentioned she wanted me and Dani to be godmothers when the baby was born."

I smiled. "That's lovely," I said. "It's an honor, you know."

"I know," Skylar said nervously. "It's just, the baby, if it's being born, it would be 4 months premature. That's not good."

"I know," I said worriedly. "Why did El think the baby was coming?"

"I've never been pregnant, I don't know," Skylar said, shrugging. "I think it's just a gut feeling, though. Something you can't explain. Something you just know."

She sounded about right.

Just then, the doors burst open, and Louis and Dani flew out of them. "Niall, Skylar, in," Louis ordered.

The two of us shot out of our seats as Dani came outside to take our places.

"What's wrong?" Skylar asked as soon as we were through the doors.

"We decided to bring you two in first since you two are the only ones that don't know the gender of the baby," Louis said hurriedly.

"And?" I asked.

We burst through the door to Eleanor's hospital bed.

Eleanor was lying there, no babies in sight.

"It was a false alarm," Eleanor said in relief. "But I'm at a risk for a premature birth, because..."

"Because?" Skylar and I demanded.

"Because I'm carrying twins."

Skylar and I gasped. "TWINS?" Skylar squealed.

"Oh my gosh," I said. "That's amazing!"

"It was originally one baby," Louis said, beaming, "but the embryo split. So it's two, now."

"The reason I thought I was giving birth was because they think the egg split again, though," Eleanor said worriedly.

We were all silent.

"The egg that split again...." Skylar said slowly. "Wasn't that egg already forming?"

"We don't know, they won't let us know the results of the ultrasound yet," Eleanor said sadly.