Chapter 26

Skylar's POV

"All right, what's up?" I sighed, leaning against the glass window, with no doubt, One Direction watching the two of us.

"I'm sorry," Niall said quietly. "I really am."

"You should be," I said, swallowing. "YouBroke. My. Heart." I jabbed his chest.

He winced, but whether in pain or embarassment I had yet to discover. "I know, I'm the worst boyfriend and best friend ever."

"Damn straight," I said, and he looked at me weirdly.

"You don't say that usually," he said, confused.

"Emblem3," I said with a shrug. "Despite only being here for a week." Then I shook my head. "Don't stray from the subject, Niall."

"Sorry," he mumbled. "Skylar, I know it's going to be hard for you to forgive me...but I want you to know that it was never my intention to go out and cheat on you like that. Ashlyn made the first move."

"You just let it happen," I said, and I couldn't hide the accusation from my voice.

"I know." Niall hung his head in shame. "And it was the worst decision I'd ever made in my life."

"Are you still dating her?" I couldn't stop myself from asking the question.

"I was never," Niall said seriously. "After...you told me to get out, we went back to her hotel room, and she...tried to sleep with me."

My face flamed. "I'm assuming it worked."

Niall's face went redder than mine. "Yeah."

I turned away. "I'm going."

"Skylar wait, I'm not finished," he pleaded, catching my hand with his. Sparks and shivers flew up my arm and to my shoulder, causing me to shudder involuntary.

"Fine," I snapped, turning back. "I don't want to hear about my supposed best friends sleeping with each other behind my back, though."

Niall sighed. "After what happened...happened, I left. I went back to the boys, and I apologized and I told them the truth. Which is what I'm telling you now. I haven't spoken to her since."

"What was the point of this?" I asked, exasperated. I pointed to the boys and my food. "I'm hungry."

"So am I, but I just wanted you to know the full story," Niall said quietly. "If you're still mad at me, and you probably are, then fine. I just wanted you to hear me out."

I studied him. "I can tell you're telling the truth. I know you well enough." I swallowed. "And you're right about me being mad at you. I'm also really hurt, because I thought out of all my friends, you were the one I could trust." I laughed bitterly. "I guess I was wrong."

Niall flinched and stared at the ground.

"But...it also took a lot for you to make the effort to come out clean like that," I mumbled. "Despite it being a month after the incident."

Niall didn't say anything, his shoulders slumped and he sighed.

"I'm going back inside," I said finally, turning around.

I don't know if I imagined it, but I could've sworn I heard him mumble, "I'm so sorry, Skylar. You have no idea how sorry I really am."

I decided not to push it by asking him if I'd heard correctly, and walked back inside to the cafe to join the rest of the boys for lunch.

Jenna's POV I'm pretty sure this is a first ;P

"Where is she?" Tiffany asked as they came into the hotel room.