Chapter 10

Username changed to PrettyLittleWriter14 (cuz I love PLL, writing, and Jordan Eberle, who wears number 14 on his jersey).

For the video of Liam's spoon fears, skip to 3:44.

Skylar's POV

I must say, waking up, being dragged down the road and back to Niall's flat was not my idea wake-up call.

But that's how I woke up. Yay me.

"What's going on?" I grumbled as I was shoved through the front door.

Niall's blue eyes were sparkling with mischieviousness. "Well," he said, pausing before pushing open the door.

"SURPRISE!" Everyone yelled, startling me to death and causing me to gasp.

Everyone was there, from my parents, to my brother and Vee, Jenna, the boys, Ashlyn, Dani, Eleanor, and even Emblem 3 (minus Drew).

Tiffany was nowhere in sight. Thank goodness.

"Wait?" I spluttered. "I thought you guys forgot!"

Shame filled their faces.

"I planned it," Ashlyn said finally. "But I'd forgotten about it originally."

My face burned. It felt really embarassing to have people forget your birthday. I turned to Carter. "And you?"

"I forgot too," he said shame-facedly.

I sighed. "You guys suck."

"Please understand us, that we're really sorry, but with the wedding, and you being in the hospital," Vanessa said. "It just slipped our minds."

"And you're hoping that by apologizing to me now it'll make things all better?" I asked, arching an eyebrow. I felt Niall stiffen behind me.

Zayn mumbled, "Well, we thought it would work."

I smirked. "I guess I'm a better actress than I thought."

Everyone stared at me before letting out exclaims of relief, and coming to hug me. I was bombarded with presents, apologies, and cries of "Happy Belated Birthday, Skylar."

"We bought you cake," Ashlyn said, grinning evilly.

"For breakfast?" Doubt filled me. "I don't know."

"It's a three layered cake," Harry informed me. "Chocolate, vanilla, and red-velvet."

My mouth started watering instantly. "I guess so," I said, smiling. "Sure."

Niall cheered and ran off to find the plates.

"I'll get the forks," Liam said.

"Babe, don't," Dani said. "Let someone else do it."

"Why?" Liam asked.

"Because the you-know-whats are in the same drawer as the forks."

Liam turned bright red. "Spuh spuh spuh spuh spoons."

"They're not that bad," I said, giggling.

"They're horrible," Liam pronounced.

"I'll get them," Louis sighed.

 "So," I said, once we were all seated and eating cake. "What did mom and dad say?" I aksed Carter.

He flushed. "I didn't speak to them. They...left the wedding early last night."

"Did they? Did they really?" I asked in a weird voice.

"They did," Vanessa said.

I bit my lip. "They didn't show to the reception. Did they."

Carter shook his head, clearly upset. "Showed for the ceremony. Were no-shows at the reception. Some parents we have, Sky."

My face flamed. "Yeah."

There was an awkward silence as everyone digested Carter's information.

"Wow," Niall said. "Aunt Bella never sounded that cruel."

"I guess she doesn't care anymore," I said dully. "After I fell into a coma, it's like she's just....given up."

"But you're alive," Eleanor said, confused.

"I guess she doesn't see the joy anymore in having kids," Carter said dejectedly.

"Hey, Car, I'm sure it's not you guys," Vanessa said sympathetically.

Carter stood up and stalked off.

Everyone stared at me. I sighed. "I'm going, I'm going," I said. I ran off after him. "Carter, wait!" I caught him at the end of the hallway.

"What, Skylar?" he asked, sounding tired. Way too tired for someone who'd just gotten married yesterday.

"Listen, let's just forget about Mum and Dad," I said. "You've just gotten married. It's my birthday. We should just celebrate without them. If they don't give a damn anymore, that's their problem."

Carter gave me a smile. "You're right," he sighed. "I'm just a bit peeved."

"I would be too, I mean I am," I said. "They did forget my birthday."

"Yeah," Carter said. "At least they didn't forget my wedding."

We looked at each other and then burst out laughing. We laughed so hard that everyone else came running out of the kitchen. 

"What's wrong?" Niall asked, concerned.

"Nothing," I said through hiccups. "Just talking."

They just stared at us.

All of a sudden, Eleanor dropped to the ground in a shriek. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

We stopped laughing and ran to her. Louis caught her before she slumped to the ground. "What's wrong?" he gasped, frightened. "Baby?"

Eleanor looked up at him and whimpered. "Lou....we have to get the hospital. NOW."

"I'm calling the hospital to let them know," Liam reported. 

"I'll get the car ready," Zayn said.

"I'll grab the bag of Ellie's stuff," Dani said, rushing off.

I dropped to my knees next to the couple. "El. What's wrong?"

Eleanor's eyes were wide with fear as she said...

"It's coming. The baby."

What? It had only been 5 months!

Author's Note: Sorry for the long wait and short chapter, but I felt like this was the right place to end this one :P 

MAJOR CLIFFY. 

Is Elounor's baby going to really come out at 5 months? Or is it something else?

Comment your thoughts!

Love, Lauren aka PrettyLittleWriter14, formerly gottabskatin14