Chapter 20

Loved You First Contest is ongoing until April 30th. Just throwing that out there :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skylar's POV

It had been nearly 4 o'clock in the morning when we were released from the station. The three of us had undergone a ton of paperwork and questioning. I was just ready to collapse into my bed.

Which was why I was surprised, well, pleasantly surprised when I saw Eleanor and the rest of the gang sitting on the couches, looking blearily-eyed as they tried to stay awake.

"You guys didn't have to stay up," I said, smiling slightly.

At the sound of my voice, their heads snapped up and the next thing I knew I was being crushed by about 10 bodies on top of me, screaming entirely different things at me.

"YOU'RE SAFE!" Liam howled.

"I thought we were never gonna see you again," Jenna sobbed, clutching me as if I were a life preserver.

I smiled. "Guys, off."

They let me free and we all sat down on the couches as Harry and Louis recounted our tale. I just scanned the faces of my friends (and family, in Jenna's case) and realized there were two people missing.

"Where are Niall and Ashlyn?" I asked, interrupting Louis's description of the house exploding into flames.

Liam frowned. "I haven't seen them in hours since you and Harry called Niall and Niall told everyone what happened."

"They're in her room, probably," Sierra said, with a glance at Eleanor, who scowled.

"What?" I asked.

"Let me get them," she said darkly, before standing up and heading for the stairs.

"El--" Louis began.

"Lou, it's fine. I'll get them."

Clearly, I thought as I watched her ascend the stairs, she's hiding something from me. But what?

Eleanor's POV

I pushed the door open to Ashlyn's room and gasped. "ARE YOU TWO F*CKING OUT OF YOUR MINDS?" I hissed.

There the two were, cuddling in Ashlyn's bed.

Niall stared at me, shamefaced, but Ashlyn's face was stony.

"Your flipping girlfriend is downstairs after having returned from her nightmare in hell, and you're making happy with her best friend?" I said furiously.

A voice squeaked from behind me. "What?"

Uh-oh. I turned around slowly to see Skylar standing there, with Jenna behind her.

Niall's face was bright red. "I wasn't--we weren't doing anything!" he pleaded.

Skylar swallowed. "Explain," she said darkly.

"We were feeling upset because you were missing, and we were helping each other cope," Niall said lamely.

"And no touchy-touchy feely-feely moments happened?" Skylar asked warily.

"Well no, aside from hugging, if that counts," Ashlyn admitted.

Skylar locked eyes with Niall. It was super intense, neither of their eyes blinked. Finally, Skylar's head dropped and she stalked from the room, but before she passed through the doorway, she stopped. She didn't turn around, but she said, "You think you can hide things from me, Niall, but remember that you suck at it. So if you have anything to tell me before I find out by myself, from someone else, you'd better tell me."

Her footsteps receeded down the hallway as Niall looked at his lap in shame. 

Then I realized something, and my eyes popped out of my head. I realized Jenna had the same thought, as the two of us gasped and said:

"NIALL, WHY THE HELL DO YOU NOT HAVE A SHIRT ON?"

Oooohhh, shit just got real! What do YOU think really happened between Ash & Niall?