Chapter 17

Niall's POV

I was a mess. 

We'd searched for hours. In fact, we'd searched for days, and now the police were involved. It had turned into a huge massive hunt for her.

Carter and Vanessa, being on the end of their honeymoon anyways, returned to help us in the search. Her parents didn't care, they just said to let them know when they'd found her. My mother had shown more emotion when I'd told her the heartbreaking news.

Skylar had disappeared almost 3 weeks ago, and things were beginning to look hopeless. We had no way of finding her, as she'd left her phone behind, and we had no idea whether or not she and Ryan had left the country. One thing we did know was that she was with him. There was no other way around it, no other option to consider.

We'd been in denial originally, but a week and a half after her disappearance, it had suddenly become very apparent that Ryan had stolen here.

Of course, the girls blamed themselves, for letting her go off on her own. But I blamed myself.

Why?

Because I was the reason Ryan had taken her. Ryan had wanted revenge on me, clear and simple. And just like that, Skylar was gone.

Of course, no one felt more awful than Ashlyn, since she was the one that had given him the address. 

We were sitting around the table, staring dejectedly at the coffee table. No one spoke at all. 

We'd done our best, we were starting to realize that it may be too late. She could be...no. I couldn't say it yet, not until I had solid proof. 

And I better not get any solid proof. Or I may just go and join her there.

Teras formed in my eyes once again. I felt someone squeeze my hand. I looked up. "Ash," I mumbled.

"Niall, don't blame yourself," she said softly, swallowing. 

"You can't blame yourself either," I said. 

"I've stopped blaming myself," Ashlyn admitted. "I just want to find her. Then I can blame myself."

She had a point. I sighed. "You're right."

I looked up, realizing that Louis and Harry had still not yet returned from their search shift. "Where are Lou and Haz?"

"Still out," Liam said, sighing heavily. "I sure hope nothing bad's happened."

"The police said that Ryan's on the wanted list at all airports, so if he tries to fly out of the country--" Eleanor said, but I interrupted her.

"That's not good enough, his family is rich, he's got a private jet," I said sorrowfully. "It wouldn't do any good."

"You've still got to go through customs," Eleanor argued.

"I guess," I said. "But the point is that it's going to be hard to find them."

"Not if--" Eleanor snapped but Danielle cut her off.

"Guys, calm down," she said quietly. "We can't afford to argue with each other."

We all sighed. She was right. 

"What are we going to do?" Zayn asked from where he was sitting on the floor with Jenna.

"We're going to redouble our efforts," Danielle said, standing up. "We'll set up posters. We'll create a website. We'll report her missing to any organization we can. We are going to find her."