Chapter 6

Vanessa's POV

God, was it early or what?

We'd gone to bed at 8 o'clock last night, and it was 5:30 the next morning. I was so tired, but there was so much to be done before the ceremony this morning.

I saw Jenna, Skylar, and Melissa, my other bridesmaid, file into the room, yawning.

"It's so early," Skylar mumbled, clutching a mug of coffee.

"That smells heavenly," Melissa said, and took a sip from Skylar's cup.

Skylar yawned and sat down. "What's happening now?"

We all had our dresses hanging on a rack (mine was so large it was on a seperate rack), and we were waiting for our hair and makeup ladies to show up. We'd agreed to wake up a bit earlier so that we would all be awake by the time it was time to start getting ready.

I was so nervous, I could not believe that by 12:00 today, I would be married. That thought was both frightening and enlightening.

"Vanessa Carter?" a few women paraded into the room. Four, to be exact.

"Yes," I said. "Thank you so much for coming."

Melissa's parents' clients worked for a styling salon, and I'd rented them out for our wedding. They'd agreed to come in and help us out.

Melissa smiled tiredly. "Thanks so much for doing this, Gloria. Vee, Sky, Jen, this is Gloria, my mum's client, and her assistants, Margie, Emily, and Sophie."

The four women smiled. "Let us all do hair, makeup we'll do later," Gloria announced.

The four ladies sprung into action, and about 2 hours later, we were all 'done' up.

"We look amazing," we said, beaming at each other. Our hairstyles were all different, but still had that same 'effect'. Mine and Jenna's hairstyles were similarly braided buns, whereas Melissa and Skylar had their hair down, but still braided. Melissa had a waterfall braid and Skylar's had the basic foundation of a braid, but was left in loose curls and the braid held in place with a bobby pin. (For better visuals, check to the side to see how their hair is supposed to look)

"Let's get changed, ladies," Gloria said, clapping her hands. "Once you are in your dresses, we will decide makeup."

The four of us scrambled to get changed. Skylar pulled out her phone and squealed. "It's already nine o'clock! We have less than two hours!"

That sent the rest of us into a frenzy and he hurried to throw our dresses on.

Skylar's POV

I pulled the zipper up at the back and stared at myself in the mirror.

I looked...really pretty.

Beautiful, even. If you could use that word to describe me.

I stepped out of the changeroom and ran straight into the last person I wanted to see.

Niall flipping Horan.

His eyes widened. "Skylar," he breathed. "You look gorgeous!"

"Uh, thanks..." I mumbled, pushing past him and into the seat Gloria was patting encouragingly. 

"Good girl," Gloria said, smiling. "Now, beautiful dress, Ms. Abbott. Very well selected."

I gave a wry smile. "I'm giving credit to Vanessa, she picked it out."

"Good girl," Gloria said again, picking up foundation. "Good eye, that one."

"Yeah," I said, closing my eyes as she smoothed foundation on my face. I relaxed my shoulders and stayed still.