Chapter 8

Dedicated to @HRH_jlingarajan because I lost yet ANOTHER bet. Good grief.

Anyways, read on!

"It's May 27th."

"It's May 27th, Niall. It's my birthday." 

~ Skylar Abbott,

Expect the Unexpected,

Chapter 7

Liam's POV

After Niall had gone to find Skylar, I went to go find Vanessa to thank her for setting my place setting without spoons.

"No problem," Vanessa said, beaming. "Skylar mentioned it, so I figured I'd make you comfortable." 

I smiled and walked off, and ran straight into a panicking Niall.

"Niall, man, what the hell?" I asked.

Niall's face was white. "I'm such a bad friend!" he wailed. "It's Skylar's birthday today, and no one remembered!"

"Not even her brother? Her parents?" I asked warily.

Niall looked miserable. "NO, because they were all too concerned with the wedding! I feel like such a jerk! She thought if anyone were to remember it was her special day, it would be me! But I forgot too." Niall looked so ashamed.

I was astonished. "I didn't even know when her birthday was."

"Well, it's today," Niall said dully. "But until she said it, I didn't remember at all. And...I'm gonna have to ditch out."

"The wedding's just getting started," I said.

"I know, but between the Keaton-Tiffany thing and Skylar's birthday, I have some things to think about," Niall said. "And I'll probably spend the rest of the night planning her party. So tell Carter I left if he asks. Bye."

With that, the blonde-haired Irishman was gone.

Just like that.

 I sat down and scratched my head. "Why didn't she tell any of us?" I mumbled.

"Who didn't tell you?" Carter asked, sitting down.

I turned to him. "It's Skylar's birthday today."

Carter took a moment to process it. Then his eyes widened. "SHIT! That's why she was so mad, I completely forgot! I'm the worst brother ever! Where is she, I have to go find her and apologize!"

"I don't know, but Niall left to go plan something," I said ruefully.

Carter hung his head. "We shouldn't have scheduled it for today. But during the planning process, I completely forgot. But she didn't mention it."

"It was the only date Niall could get the venue for," I explained. "I think she was fine with it. But I don't think she thought no one would remember her special day."

"I'm a terrible brother," Carter groaned, puttting his head in his hands.

"Babe, what's going on?" Vanessa asked, coming over. "It's your wedding, let loose and have fun!"

"It's Skylar's birthday!" Carter wailed.

"WHAT?" Vanessa shrieked. "HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME?"

"I didn't even remember, thank you very much," Carter snapped. "This is a disaster!"

"You know what?" I said, my voice rising. "Stop worrying about it until tomorrow. There's nothing any of us can do for tonight. Niall left to go fix this, so we're depending on him. But we all owe her an apology."