Chapter 28

Dedicated to @niallersprincessxo26.

Skylar's POV

"I'm exhausted," I groaned to Eleanor via Skype.

She giggled. "I'm so proud of you though, you're conquering your biggest fear!"

"Still," I said. 

"I know, Sky, but Dani, Sierra, Jenna and I are all behind you!" Eleanor said, smiling.

"Thanks," I said, yawning.

"You tired?" she asked, concerned. "It's only 2 o'clock in the afternoon over at your end."

"I've been at the studio all day with Ed," I sighed. "I'm tired."

"Ooh, song writers at work," she cheered.

I smiled. "I have a meeting with Simon later this afternoon."

Eleanor's face changed. "Can you do me a favour? Ask Simon to let Louis take some time off for the baby. I can't do this alone."

"You mean babies," I pronounced. "But absolutely. I completely agree, it's unfair to both you and Louis."

"Thanks," Eleanor said. "You should get some rest, I'll leave you be. Let me know what he says."

"Will do," I said.

The call ended and I crawled back under the covers, the lyrics of my--no, our newly-written song floating through my head:

Forgive and forget...

Was I really ready to forgive Niall and forget about what he'd done to me? Was I ready to move on?

I hoped so.

3 hours later...

"Hello Skylar," Simon said as I sat down at the table beside Ed.

"Hi," I said, smiling slightly, to both of them.

"Right on time," he said. "Now, let's order our meals before we get down to business, shall we?" He waved a waiter over as I scanned the menu quickly. I ordered the shrimp scampini, Ed had the surf n' turf, and Simon ordered a prime rib.

"Now, I'll assume you're wondering about why I called you here," Simon said. "It regards to your song."

"What about it?" I asked nervously.

"I heard your recording of it," Simon said, smiling. "I loved it. It was absolutely perfect. And I was wondering how the two of you would feel shooting a music video for it, as well as releasing it as a single, not only sing it at my party this summer."

"Wow," I said, shocked. "But wouldn't the release of the single require me to...perform?"

"The performance at the party itself would require you to step onstage," Ed reminded me. "We've gotta work on your stage fright a bit, Skylar."

"I don't want the boys to know," I admitted. "I don't want anyone except my friends to know. And I've made them swear they won't tell anyone."

"Who's your friends?" Simon asked.

"Eleanor, Danielle, Sierra, Jenna," I said. 

"Can they keep it from the boys? Three of them are in relationships with them."

I nodded. "I believe so."

"Then we're good. Since the boys are in Canada right now, I don't see why you can't perform at a few...places here in California just to gain some exposure," Simon suggested.