Chapter 40 + IMPORTANT NOTE!

Please read my author's note at the end, it's important if you want to know what's happening with the rest of my currently unfinished stories.

Skylar's POV

"Hello?" I sighed, holding the phone to my ear. 

"Hey Skylar," Niall said.

"Hi," I said nervously. "Are you all right? Liam called me and told me what happened. So did Ed."

"I'm fine," Niall said. "So Ashlyn's in jail?"

"Yup." That was really all I could say.

"Wow. I had no idea. I'm really sorry, Skylar," Niall said quietly.

"It's fine, I've gotten over it," I admitted. "Have you been discharged yet?"

"Yeah, we're back on the road," Niall replied. "Where are you?"

"Still in Toronto," I said. "Jess, Dom, and I are heading to the Leafs game tonight so Dom and I can get coverage."

"Cool, cool," he said, and I could picture him nodding. "That's soccer, right?"

"Hockey, you doofus," I said, rolling my eyes. "Stop trying to be funny."

A pause. Then, "I was being serious for once, actually." Niall sounded wounded.

"Oh, sorry," I said, grinning slightly. "You suck when it comes to sports."

"That's why I'm a singer, Sky," Niall said.

"I know, and stick to it, because you can't be better at anything else." I smirked.

"Ouch," Niall whined.

"Suck it up, Princess," I said.

"What's with the snarkiness, Princess?" Niall shot back. I heard a bunch of 'ooohs' on the other end.

"Put me on speaker," I demanded.

"You're on," Niall said reluctantly.

"HELLO BOYS!" I said loudly.

"HI SKYLAR!" I heard Louis shout.

"CAN YOU TELL NIALL TO STOP BEING A MEANIE?" I whined.

"NIALL!" Liam gasped, offended. "What did you say?"

"NOTHING!" Niall insisted. "She said I suck at anything else but singing!"

"Nice one, Skylar!" Harry cheered.

"Hey!" Niall cried.

"So Skylar," Liam asked. "Will we see you in LA?"

I grinned. "I don't know, maybe. I guess I could try to fly out to LA. But I do have better things than to hang out with you guys, so you're going to have to convince me."

"Eleanor's coming," Louis pointed out.

I grinned. "I know. Anything else?"

"We could hang out and meet your BFFs," Harry volunteered.

I made a face. "You're dating Sierra."

"I know," Harry said cheekily. 

"Whore," I coughed. 

"I HEARD THAT!" Harry shouted.

"You were supposed to!" I shouted back, causing everyone to burst out laughing.

"Just come!" Louis yelled.

"I DON'T WANNA!" I whined, jokingly. Of course I was going, I had to sing.

"But Simon--" Louis said.

"LOUIS SHUT UP!" Liam, Zayn, and I yelled.

"Right," Louis said.

"Bye guys, love you!" I called and hung up as fast as I could. I was pretty pissed, Louis had almost revealed my big secret right then and there.

"Hey girlfriend," Jess sang, dropping her and Dom's shopping bags on the floor. 

"Hey," I said, staring at the wall blankly. 

"What's up?" Dom asked, coming over to sit on the edge of my desk.

I sighed. "I'm starting to get nervous again, guys. I mean, I have to sing in less than a week!"

Jess came over and squeezed my arm. "You're gonna be awesome, Skylar. I mean, the two of us have heard you sing like a million times."

"I know, but this time it feels like there's more at stake. I mean, I am kind of apologizing to Niall during it..." I trailed off. "What if he doesn't get it?"

"I'm sure he will," Dom said. "I mean, the song does really express how you're feeling right now. I mean, you want him back, right?"

"Yeah," I said, smiling. 

"Well, you'd better get rehearsing then," Ed said, appearing at the doorway.

The three of us gave a shriek. "OH MY GOD, ED WHAT THE HELL?" I shouted.

He grinned at me. "I brought a surprise." He stepped aside, and my mouth dropped open as I recognized the person he was standing next to.

"OMIGOSH!" Jess and Dom shrieked as I jumped up.

No. Freaking. Way.

So...that's it for now. I'm updating less frequently now, 'cause of exams and stuff. And I'm losing interest in my story. And Wattpad in general. But I made a commitment to finish this, so I'm going to. There'll probably be two more chapters after this, the last chapter and the epilogue, which means that next chapter, Skylar and Niall will meet at Simon's party!

I'd also like to thank everyone who's supported me through the course of the story.

Also, Loved You First will not be finished. I've made the executive decision to leave that story where it is, since you guys know how it ends anyways. 

But I've got a winner for my prequel contest...and the person is...

@musikfreak523! Congratulations, and I've added her contest entry in the external link, so check it out!

So, to sum:

Contest winner: @musikfreak523 (epilogue in the External Link)

Loved You First - Not Going to Be Finished.

Expect the Unexpected: 2 more chapters, the last chapter and the epilogue, which will feature some new faces (just as a hint).

And a last thought: Who's the mystery person that Ed brought to Skylar's place?