Chapter 25

Niall's POV

"But Uncle Si--" Liam tried to explain.

"Liam, enough," Simon said sternly. "You're not taking time off for the tour any more. You will finish the tour and you'll get to see your families in December."

"But Eleanor's supposed to give birth in September!" Louis gasped.

"And you're just going to have to watch over Skype or something," he said sternly. "Now, please leave, I have a 9 o'clock appointment to greet and you lads should probably get back on the plane to Seattle."

"But--" Louis tried.

"NO BUTS, GET OUT," Simon snapped.

The five of us flinched and we fled the office.

"Someone's got his knickers in a twist," Harry muttered as we stepped into the elevator to head back down to the ground floor.

"I don't understand it," Louis said miserably. "I can't miss the arrival of my kids, I just can't."

"We understand, mate," Zayn said quietly. "It sucks."

"He's just in a bad mood," I said, trying to be helpful.

The elevator doors sprang open and I nearly fainted.

Skylar's POV

I was nervous as hell. Like, seriously. I was on my way to SyCo and my heart was beating 1000 times a minute.

Jenna, Tiffany, and the boys had wished me luck before I embarked on this crazy journey. 

Oh, who am I kidding, I don't speak like that. Who is this person speaking through me?

Back to reality...I snapped to attention as the taxicab pulled up to SyCo.

Oh, here we go, I sighed as I handed the driver a twenty and got out, holding my guitar and a bag.

"I have an appointment with Mr. Cowell at 9," I told the receptionist.

"14th floor," she said, sounding bored. "First room on the lefthand side after you make a right down the corridor."

"Makes no sense, but I'll find it," I muttered, spinning on my heel and heading for the elevators. I pressed the button and waited for the elevator doors to spring open.

"Oh my god," I said faintly, seeing the boys of One Direction in the elevator.

They just stared at me.

I stared back.

Then my phone beeped. I swallowed and broke eye contact, looking at my phone:

xoJennaox -- how's the meeting goin?

My eyes widened as I realized it was now five past nine. "Shoot, I have to go," I said, turning red, and pushing my way past the boys as I got into the elevator and pressed button 14. 

"What are you doing here?" Liam asked finally.

I shrugged. "I...have to meet with someone."

"Who?" Zayn asked.

I didn't answer as the elevator doors began to close. Louis seized the doors and held them open, while Harry and Zayn shoved Niall in before the doors slammed shut. The elevator began its ascend upwards, with what was now a very, very awkward ride.

I didn't say anything. I had no reason to.

But I saw a very red-faced Niall turn to me. "Skylar..." he said hesitantly.