Chapter 34

Skylar's POV

"Well who is it?" Eleanor asked, frustrated as I pressed my back to the door.

My mouth opened, but I couldn't get the words out. 

Ed strode past me and flung the door open. His face paled, but he said "Hello," very calmly.

"What are you lot doing here?" Liam's angry voice came. "What was that phone call about?"

"You shouldn't be eavesdropping on important phone calls," Ed said. "Where's Louis?"

"Here," a dejected voice said. "After Liam intercepted the call he interrogated me."

"DOES NIALL KNOW?" I shouted, flinging the door open so hard it crashed to the wall with a bang.

"No, he doesn't," Louis said, relieved. "I made him promise not to."

"Great," I groaned, putting my head in my hands. "Just great. The whole thing was supposed to be a secret, I knew we shouldn't have told Louis."

"But it affected him," Eleanor insisted. "You know it was the right thing to do."

 "Whatever," Liam said. "The rest of the lads don't know. So what the hell is going on?"

I swallowed. "I...you know the party at the end of the summer Simon always throws?"

"Yeah," Liam said.

"Well, that's when I debut my single," I admitted. "I sing it live."

Liam beamed at me. "That's awesome! But...why aren't you telling anyone?"

"It's supposed to be a surprise," I said. I gave Louis a look. "And Louis can't keep secrets."

"Oh. But...I thought you had stage fright," Liam said.

I turned bright red. "That's what we're trying to work on."

"Oh, cool. So what's today for?" he asked.

"Louis is helping me shoot the music video. Ed is directing," I said.

"Cool," he said again. "By the way, were you there? In Texas?"

I raised my eyebrow, but not at him. It was to Ed and Louis, standing behind him. Ed gave a shrug and a non-commital jerk of his head. "Yeah, we were there."

"I knew the picture was real," Liam said. "Or, Niall thought it was. He was absolutely convinced that you were there. He knew your voice."

"He wasn't wrong," I said, my heart giving a painful pang. I guess Niall knew me better than I thought.

Well, duh.

"So, are we gonna get this thing started?" Louis asked.

"Yeah, but how the hell is Liam here?" Eleanor asked. "I thought Simon was only sending Louis off."

"I bought an extra ticket," Liam said.

"More like you made me pay for it," Louis scoffed. 

Liam gave a sheepish grin.

I cleared my throat. "Can we please get started? We don't have all day."

Ed nodded. "Louis, let's get you to hair and makeup. In other words, Eleanor and Jenna. Liam, you can wait here and we'll discuss some things, and Skylar, you can follow Louis."

Niall's POV  (A few hours after the first day of filming).

"Where's Liam?" I asked Zayn.

There was a shifty look on his face, but he shrugged. "I don't know."

"Yes, you do, and where's Louis?" Harry asked.