Memory 3

~1975 August 18th~

   I held onto Micheal’s arm tightly as we looked at the large building. My parents had just dropped me off, and Micheal had been here longer than me, but I seemed more afraid than he was. “We’ll be okay- You don’t need to worry!!” Mike looked at me, and smiled a bit. I looked at him, and held onto his arm tighter. I wanted to go back home and sleep, not be here.. Mom, and I had come here for a day to look around, and I didn’t like it then either. Now with all these kids, I like it even less.. A semi-tall, blonde, brown eyed kid, pushed past me, causing me to trip, and bump heads with Micheal. I gripped Micheal’s arm tighter with one hand, and rubbed my forehead with my other, Micheal doing the same to his forehead. The blonde kid looked back at us, and laughed. He looked at people, who seemed to be his friends, and they all started laughing, while they walked away.

   Micheal glared at the people, then looked back at me, and took my hand off my forehead. He looked at where we’d collided heads, then kissed his own hand, placed it on my forehead, and then pulled his hand away. I stared at him, and he stared back at me. “Mommy does that to me when I get a boo-boo-” He explained. I nodded, understanding. I realized how tightly I was holding his arm, and not wanting to hurt him, I quickly let go of him. He noticed, and gently held my hand, and rushed us inside, before the onslaught of older kids trampled us even more. 

   He rushed us to a room with 102 over the doorway, and a bright, open doorway. As we looked into the classroom, a lady with a warm smile looked down at us. “Why hello there! Are your parents here, or did they just drop you off?” She asked, with a soft and gentle voice. Micheal had a face of recognition, like he knew her. Which he probably did. She looked like an angel, like in the books mom would read me at night. Her hair was a pretty brownish color, and her eyes were the most beautiful hazel I’d ever seen at the time. “Mom and Dad pulled away in the car already-” I answered. She nodded, listening to what I said, and grabbing a clipboard with a piece of paper clipped to it. “Alright then! What’re you two sweetheart’s names??” She asked, smiling again. “Micheal Afton, and that’s Elijah Loveguard!” Micheal answered this time. She nodded again, patted Micheal’s head, and started writing something down on her clipboard, then ushered us into the room. There were about 12 other kids in the classroom. 

   And there was another woman, but she didn’t seem as nice as the other lady. The lady that let us into the room, crouched down to our height to get our attention. “I’m Roselle Emily, but you can just call me Mrs. Emily,” She told us. “Could I still call you Aunt Rose-?” Micheal asked. She smiled, and nodded. “Mhm, of course,” she looked back at the other lady sitting behind the desk. “She, over there, is Miss Liren. She’s a bit strict, but is honestly a good woman.” She mumbled that last part a bit, but then looked back over at us. “You two are lucky, we still have two seats next to each other that you two can choose to sit!” Micheal looked over at me. “Do you want to??” He asked. I looked back at him, and nodded. Mrs. Emily gently escorted us to the two seats, and that started kindergarten.

)Memory 3 Finished(