Memory 27

~1981 September 6th~

  I pulled myself up into the window into Micheal’s bedroom. I had figured out that I could reach it by getting up onto the shed, and then grabbing onto his windowsill. Struggling to climb in a bit, I fell onto my back to the ground. I wincied, and as I went to sit up, Micheal’s door opened. “Elijah-?? What’re you doing, you know I’m grounded-” Micheal whispered, quickly closing the door behind himself. I rolled my eyes. “That’s never stopped me before.” Micheal sighed, and helped me up. He pulled me into a tight hug. “Whatever, you idiot-” I smiled, and tightly hugged him back. “Do you think your parents would unground you if you came with me to visit my mom-?” He shrugged a little, “Probably not.” I pouted a bit, and buried my face into the side of his arm. “Ugh- Why must you get yourself grounded-” “Oh shush, Eli-”

   I glanced towards Micheal’s clock, and noticed the time. “Shoot- It took longer to get into your window than I thought- I got to go!!” I quickly pulled away, and rushed over to the window, nearly jumping out of it. “Careful!!!” Micheal whispered, grabbing my arm before I did. I laughed, and gently pulled my arm away. “I’ve done this many times- It’s nothing to worry about-” I carefully jumped down onto the shed, then to the ground. I ran around the blind side of the house, then down the street. I needed to pick up Staci from school.

15 minutes later…

   While walking to the hospital with Staci, I noticed familiar blonde hair. I wanted to freeze right then and there, but I confronted him. “What’re you doing?” “I’m here to give you support- You told me you were coming to visit your mom yesterday, so I wanted to be here with you so that you wouldn’t be alone.” He crossed his arms. I picked up my sister, and fought up the urge to scream at him. “Ugh, fine.. Just don’t tell her anything-.” I walked into the hospital, and Flynn followed. I held Staci closer to myself, and walked up to the person at the desk. “We’re here to see Elora Loveguard.”

20 minutes later…

   Staci had fallen asleep on the chair, leaning against me. Mom had also fallen asleep, and Flynn was reading a book. I had ended up crying earlier, when Flynn left to go to the bathroom, but forced myself to stop when he came back. “Elijah.” I glanced over at him, and sighed a bit. “Hm.?” “I know you’ve been crying.” He said, setting his book down, and walking over to me. He lifted my chin, presumably to get a better look at me. I glared up at him a bit. “So what?” “I can make you feel better~” He smiled. I felt myself turn a little red from his tone, but I wasn’t in the mood for flirting. “Flynn, no.” “C’mon, we can go back to my house and have some fun~” “That’s the last thing I want to do!” I said, getting irritated. Flynn glared at me. “You know you’d enjoy it, mouse.” “And I said no.” I sat up, challenging him.

   Suddenly, he kissed me. Struggling to break it, I quickly pulled out of it as soon as I could, and fell back in the chair, waking my sister. I kicked Flynn back, away from us both, and I stood up. “Flynn, stop it, god damn it!!!” I felt safe enough to yell at him, to stand up for myself. We were in a hospital, so I assumed it was a pretty safe place. A nurse came in, and looked at the both of us. “Both of you please come with me. We do not tolerate yelling by guests.” My heart dropped. Flynn willingly went with the nurse, and I walked behind a bit. Staci knew that she was to stay with mom, until I was able to come back. After escorting us out, the nurse sighed, and looked at either of us. “Please sort your issues outside-. There are sick people in this building who need to recover..” And with that, he walked back in. A sharp pain formed when Flynn grabbed my arm, and started dragging me to his car. I attempted pulling away, and kicked his leg which eventually did make him let me go. Hurriedly, I broke out into a run, across the parking lot.

   While running, I fumbled for my phone, trying to dial for help, a rising panic attack forming. Within a split second of almost hitting the dial button, I fell forward onto the ground, my head pinned down to the ground, and my arms behind my back. My phone fell to the ground, breaking on impact. I started struggling to break free. “Let go!!!” I attempted to try kicking him in the back, but even though I managed to, he didn’t let go, only pushing my head harder into the ground. “Little mouse, you’re so disappointing.” As a last ditch effort, I started screaming. If I wasn’t physically stronger than him, then hopefully someone would hear my screams, and help me. My head was quickly picked up off the ground, and slammed back down, causing darkness to envelope my consciousness.

)Memory 27 Finished(