Memory 16

~1980 December 24th~

   I waited in front of Micheal’s house with Staci. I had asked my mom to let us hang out with Micheal and his family, because of how shitty my father is during the holidays. Especially his mother, who is my grandmother. Mrs. Afton opened the door, and looked at us. A smile appeared on her face. “Hello, Elijah!! Is that your little sister??” She asked. My sister and I have different qualities. She looks more like my mother, while I look more like my father. So it’s not exactly easy to see that we’re siblings, unless you see the whole family. She had my mom’s brown hair, and her type of blue eyes, and I had my father’s red hair, and his type of blue eyes. Staci looked up at her, and waved. “Yeah, her name is Staci- I decided to bring her over so that she could possibly play with Elizabeth and Evan-?”

   She nodded, and let Satci run in. I walked in, and left my shoes at the door, and my coat. “Micheal is in the living room, so you can go and find him,” Mrs. Aton said. “Okay!! Thank you-” I said. I quickly hurried to the living room, and leaned over the back of the couch. Micheal looked over at me, and smiled. “Hey, Eli-” “What’re you doing-? The TV isn’t on-” “I was waiting for you,” He said, putting his book down, and giving me his full attention. I felt my face turn a little red, but quickly pushed the feelings away. I’m with Flynn..  I jumped over the edge of the couch, and sat down. “Did you open your Christmas Presents yet??” “No, my dad didn’t take off work. We do it later in the day, because it’s the only way my mom can force him to actually be there.” I frowned a bit, feeling bad. “That’s sad-. I’m sorry-..” Micheal shrugged. “It’ll be fine. How about we go to my room, okay-?” I nodded, and followed him upstairs.

3 hours later…

   I slowly woke up. I’d fallen asleep about 2 hours ago, I think, after Micheal had to do something with his parents. When I woke up, though, the lights were off, and the bed covers were over me. “Are you okay?” Micheal asked, looking at me. He was at the other end of the bed, with his book out. “O-Oh, yeah- sorry- I didn’t mean to fall asleep,” I apologized, sitting up. “Elijah, it’s fine honestly.” He smiled, and was about to say something else, but then stopped himself, and looked back down at his book. “What is it?” I questioned, worried. “Nothing-” He said, hiding his face with a book. I laughed, finding it funny, and crawled over to him. “No- Really- Why are you hiding your face??” Micheal moved away from me a bit, but then glanced at me. “Is there a reason you’ve been hanging out with that Flynn guy more often-.? You do realize he doesn’t like any of us- Well except apparently you now..” I paused. “No. No reason. I just want to make more friends.” I couldn’t tell him. He’d try to talk me out of it. I knew he would.

   He didn’t like Flynn much. They’d actually been caught in fights once in a while, and the reason wasn’t always known. Whether it was over a topic, or they just wanted to fight, no one knew. Everyone just knew that they didn’t like each other at all. “Eli, you have friends.” I glared a bit. “Micheal, they’re your friends. Not mine.” “Elijah-.” “No, Micheal. Why can’t you see that they’re only friends with me because I’m your best friend.. I practically hang out with you 24/7 because I have no one else.. Just please accept that I am making new friends, okay..?” "...Fine..."

)Memory 16 Finished(