Memory 12

~1980 August 21st~

   Seventh Grade. Micheal was changing. Since we had started middle school, he acted weird around me a bit. It wasn’t a completely obvious switch in attitude towards me, but it was noticeable to me. As I came home, and put my coat in the rack, Staci ran up to me, and hugged my leg. I jumped, a bit confused, but knelt down and hugged her back. Then I noticed the yelling. I picked up Staci, and she covered her ears. I sighed, and walked to the kitchen, and saw my father and mom yelling at each other. Staci buried her face into my shoulder, and I kept her close to myself. Suddenly, my father glared at me. In his fit of rage he grabbed a glass cup, and threw it right at me. In hurry, I quickly turned my body to face away from him to protect Staci. I heard my mom scream as she watched it happen.

   I felt the glass pierce my skin, and only stumbled a little when it hit me. I made sure not to fall. My mother quickly ran to me,and escorted me out of the room. Staci looked up at me confused, but I kept her close to me still. “Honey-! Honey-.!” My mother said, trying to keep me awake. “I’m okay, mom-.” I mumbled, looking at her. “No, no you’re not-..! You have glass all in your back, I should have stopped it, I should have..-” She started coughing up blood. I looked at her worriedly, and made her sit down next to me. She continued to cough. She had become frailer, and she had lost most of the length to her hair. “Mom, you need to take it easy..” She eventually regained herself, and sighed a little. “Let me take care of your back, and then I’ll focus on taking it easy.. I’m sorry, Elijah…”

)Memory 12 Finished(