Memory 2

~1973 February 7th~

   I continued to draw in the dirt with a stick. “He cries all night, and I don’t get any sleep-! And Daddy has been staying in the basement longer-..” Mikey continued to talk. I looked over at him. “Your baby brother-?” He nodded, pouting, and crossing his arms. “I tripped over his toys and nearly fell-!! And so did Mama..” I shrugged, and looked back down at the dirt. “I don’t have a baby sibling.” “You’re lucky then.” He commented. I wiped away my drawing that I’d made with the stick, and then started over again. “Why do you keep swishing the drawing away??” Mikey asked, leaning over a bit to look at the drawing. “Because I wanted to try it over again- It didn’t look good the first time,” I answered. Mikey glanced at me, then looked back to watching me draw in the dirt. “Could you draw a horsey?” I looked at him. “What’s a horsey??”

   Mikey quickly got up, and grabbed another stick. He then sat down next to me, and started drawing next to my area. “Like this-” He said, after drawing a crude picture of what was supposed to be a ‘horsey’. I looked back at the drawing I was making, then scratched it out again, and started drawing a picture like his.He watched intently, interested in seeing how it looked. After a moment, I finished, and put the stick down, getting up. Mikey smiled at the picture. “Whoa!! It looks so cool, Eli!!!” He looked up at me, a little confused. “Eli, are you leaving-?” “I have to go home, daddy said as soon as the sun started setting I had to head home. “Aww, already?” I nodded, and turned, and started walking down the street. Mikey got up quickly, and ran over to me before I got too far. “Can I come with you-? My daddy doesn’t like your daddy, and said you should be careful-!” “I am careful.” I glanced at him.

   Mikey shrugged a little, and continued to walk with me. 

)Memory 2 Finished(