Memory 15

~1980 December 23rd~

   I ended up going to the party alone. It was fine, Micheal didn’t want to go anyway, and the others were never told about it, because Micheal didn’t want to go. I stayed mainly in the corner, holding my cup of Coke close to my chest so it wouldn’t get knocked out of my hands. I suddenly felt an arm wrap around my shoulder. “Hey, Elijah!” I looked up to see Flynn smiling at me. “Oh-! Hi!!!” I smiled back. “Have you gotten anything to eat yet?? There’s appetizers up there if you’d like some.” “No thank you-” I said, taking another sip of my coke. I messed with the cup a bit, getting a little overwhelmed with the very crowded room. Flynn must’ve noticed, because he gently took my hand and led me to a room in their house. He closed the door behind us, and didn’t lock it. “A bit loud out there, am I right?” Flynn laughed a bit, then sat down on the floor, sighed a sigh of what seemed like relief. I sat down near him, but not too close, and set my cup down.

   “I’ve been meaning to ask you something-” He said, looking over at me. I looked over at him, and tilted my head curiously. “What is it?” He moved a bit closer to me, and gently placed his hand on mine. “I wanted to know if you wanted to start seeing each other? You know, like date-??” I felt my face turn a bit red, but I looked at him, surprised. “Wait, really-?” He nodded, and smiled. “You seem like a nice person, and I’d love to try dating you.” I paused for a moment. “My father doesn’t really support gays-.” “Then he doesn’t have to. We don’t need your father’s approval. We don’t need anyone’s.” He leaned in and kissed me. I felt my face heat up more. It felt new. It felt foreign. It felt kind of nice. Micheal. I quickly broke the kiss, pulling away a bit. “W-We can date- Let’s just take things slow okay??” Flynn nodded. “Of course, I understand completely.

)Memory 15 Finished(