Memory 22

~1981 June 12th~

   I stared at myself in the mirror. I had finally been able to look at my eye, but I could only see partially. I was blind in my left eye. It made me feel dizzy, with only one working eye. ANd it looked horrid. I had vitiligo that caused the skin around my eye to already look wrong, and on areas of my torso, and my other limbs. But now, it looks even worse. And my eye was no longer the blue my other eye was. It had faded to an off white, just somewhat noticeable from the normal white of the eye. I felt tears start to well up again, and I hugged myself tightly. What was I supposed to do? My dad and mom were sure to notice, and so was Micheal.. I collapsed to the floor, and started to let myself break down. 

   The pain in my head hurt so bad, I felt like I might pass out again.. I could attempt to break up with Flynn, but what would he do then? It wouldn’t affect our social image, because no one knew we were dating either then us both. So there would be no reason to stop hurting me. I was trapped…

   A loud crash came from downstairs, which caused me to stop, and freeze where I was. “Mommy!!!” I heard Staci scream. I quickly pushed myself up from the ground, covered the side of my face with my hair, and a medical eyepatch, then rushed down the stairs, nearly falling down them. As I looked into the living room, I saw mom laying, limp on the ground, with Staci shaking her, trying to wake her up. But my mom didn’t budge, or move in response. I ran to them, and knelt by my mom’s head, and lifted it off the ground gently, and onto my lap. I didn’t let myself cry, and I looked at Staci. “Staci, call 9-1-1-!!!” I said, a bit panicked. Staci quickly got up, and ran into the kitchen to grab the phone. I heard her talk to the dispatch, and stutter all over herself as she tried to explain. I looked down at my mother, praying it wasn’t too late.

)Memory 22 Finished(