Memory 14

~1980 November 29th~

   I stayed in the bathroom, curled up in a ball, with my legs up against my chest. I genuinely hated the depressing room I had created myself, but there was nothing to distract me from the way I felt. Father was at work, and Mother had gone to a teacher conference for Staci. So I was left alone to wallow in my own self pity. Pathetic. I would honestly allow my father to beat me up again if it meant a distraction from the current thoughts. Then I could be mad at someone else. I glanced around my surroundings, and then pulled myself up from the ground. Just as I was about to leave, a metallic glint caught my eye. I looked towards it, and saw the clippers that my mom used to trim the small plants that she kept in the bathroom. Must’ve forgotten to put them away. For some reason, I stood there. No, no. I knew exactly the reason I stood there. I looked down at my arms that had the white fingerless gloves on them like always.

   They’d been put there since I was 9 years old. When I thought I had made a mistake, and hadn't been able to stop since. Taking the gloves off, I looked at the markings. No mistake. I took the clippers, and took them to my arm, and just started cutting. More and more, not noticing, or really caring for the puddle appearing beneath me. It was such a nice way of getting distracted from the thoughts. Snapping out of my thoughts, I threw the clippers away from me, and quickly backed up into the wall, and fell against it. I started crying harder, and looked down at the new, pouring, markings I had made. They had a sickening kind of beauty to them. I hated it, but loved it. I quickly grabbed bandages, my consciousness getting the better of me, and started bandaging my arms up. I had to meet Micheal later today. What would he say if he saw his best friend with blood all over him?

2 hours later…

    I stared as Ennard did his gymnastic tricks. It amazed me how an animatronic was able to do that. Sure, an actual gymnast was probably able to bend more in the way he or she wanted, and everything but to see metal and plastic do it, was a treat. I wish I was allowed to look at their coding. “Elijah- You zoned out again, I think-” I heard Micheal laugh a bit. He was sitting next to me at the table. I looked over at him, and as I did, he pulled my Ennard mask down in front of my face gently. “Hey-!” I said, laughing a little. When I pulled it back up from over my face, I noticed the warm smile he had on his face, as he looked at me. I paused for a moment, then looked away a little embarrassed, but also irritated with myself. He doesn’t love you. “Everything okay?” He asked. “Mhm!!” It was a weird little outing. An odd occurrence now, compared to when we were little kids. Micheal had made himself a friend group with kids we’d met along the way.

   Fredrick, Jordan, and Simon, all were in his friend group, and I was somewhere in that mix, or I at least think I am. In all honesty, they were my friends because Micheal was my friend. I was merely a friend of a friend that they could tolerate. And so, we’d always hang out with them. As a group. I preferred these little outings. With me and Micheal. Alone. “Would you like to go see Lolbit or Yenndo soon? Ennard’s show finishes in a little bit. I shook my head no a bit, and rested my head in my arms. Even Ennard wasn’t a part of the actual Freddy Fazbear crew. He wasn’t even in the same location. Maybe I could try joining Flynn’s friend group? That could be a change of pace. Hopefully. I yawned a little, but then someone behind me tapped my shoulder. I looked back, and saw Flynn with one of his friends. His name was Kan, but he was pretty nice to me. “Hey- How have you been??” Flynn asked, taking a sip of his root beer.

   I smiled a bit. I noticed Micheal’s glare towards Flynn, but pushed it aside, thinking nothing of it. “I’m doing okay.” I reflexively started to subtly hide my arms. He didn’t need to see them either. I felt my heart race a bit as Flynn smiled at me. “That’s great to hear, Eli- I’m hosting a Christmas party, and would like to know if you’d like to come?” I glanced at Micheal, a little afraid to answer in front of him. In reality, I really did want to go. Flynn must’ve noticed, because he looked at Micheal. “You and your friend group are invited to.” “We’re not going to your stupid Christmas Party, Flynn.” Micheal answered, blatantly. Flynn just shrugged in response. “Suit yourself then- You’re still welcome, cutie~” He flirted towards me. I felt my face turn a bit red, and watched him walk away. Micheal rolled his eyes. “That guy is such a prick.” That guy actually likes me!!!

)Memory 14: Finished(