Memory 4

~1975 August 20th~

   I stood still as a glass cup went flying past my head, and smashing into the wall behind me. I covered my head with my hands, and crouched down to the ground as the yelling continued. The glass wasn’t meant to hit me, it was actually supposed to hit my mom. I wanted to go over, and hug my mom’s leg tightly, but I knew that if I did try to protect her, I would get beaten by my father when she wasn’t home.. “Bruce, why can’t you just control your anger-?!” My mother yelled at my father in the kitchen. I’d just gotten home from school, and parted ways with Micheal for the day. I’d had a feeling that a fight would be going on by the time I’d gotten home, but I still hated it. Hated that I was right. I quickly ran to my room upstairs, threw my bag to the ground, and curled up on my bed.

   The walls in my room were a plain blue, and I didn’t have a carpeted floor. I had a wood floor. The blinds to my window were broken, and I couldn’t even open the window if I wanted to, because it was also broken. My bed was probably the only thing in my room that had interesting colors on it. The bedsheets were red and yellow, and my pillow was white. I put my hands on either side of my head, covering my ears tightly, to try and block out the noise. The only thing that ended up snapping me out of my panic was the sound of the phone ringing downstairs. I carefully crawled out of my bed, opened my door a little bit, and attempted to eavesdrop on my father, who answered the phone. “Elora, it’s for you,” He growled. “Hello??” I heard my mother ask into the phone, after my father gave it to her.

   “Oh, he’d love to!! Let me go grab him, and we’ll have him out front so you guys can pick him up!” And with that, I heard the phone click as it was put back up to hang on the wall. “Elijah, you’ve been invited to the Afton’s house for a sleepover!!” I heard mom call up the stairs. I excitedly grabbed my backpack, and ran downstairs. “What? Again?” I heard my father say. “It’s a school night.” He glared at me, as I came down the stairs. My mother gently held my hand. “Well, Micheal and him go to the same school anyways, so they’ll still be going to school like normal. And they’re only in kindergarten, Bruce.” She led me towards the door, and opened it. I saw Micheal standing next to his father, and when he saw me, he waved excitedly. I smiled, and waved back, then looked up at mom who was looking at me. “Ready to go, dear??” She asked. I nodded. “Mhm!!!” She smiled a little, then let go of my hand, and let me run over to Micheal.

)Memory 4 Finished(