Memory 29

~1981 September 29th~

{Elijah}

   I didn’t go to school yesterday. I had overheard my grandmother talking to my dad about my mom’s funeral plans. I hadn’t made it back in time to see her before she passed on September 27th. But, my dad only permitted me one day to mourn, and was making me go to school today, so I could make up for all the classes I had missed. As I walked into the school building, I saw Micheal at his locker, putting his stuff away. I hesitated, but then slowly walked up to him. “Terry-...?” He immediately noticed me, and went to hug me. “Jeez, Eli, you scared me-..” He said. I quickly backed away from his hug. I didn’t want physical contact.. I glanced away a bit. “Sorry Terry-.. I just.. I need you to come to the police station with me after school…” I started to shake, and wiped my eyes a bit. I trusted no one, other than him, to come with me.. He took a moment, looking me up and down a bit, taking in my appearance. “Elijah.. Where were you this past week…?” He asked quietly. I backed away slightly.

   “You don’t need to know…” “Elijah, plea-” “You don’t need to know, Terrance..! Just forget that I asked you to come with me.. I changed my mind…” As I looked towards him, I noticed Flynn walking towards us, talking to his friends. Without notice, I darted away from Terrance, and out of the school. If I were to go to the police station, I’d only cause more problems…

10 hours later…

   I skipped school, even though I knew they’d call my dad. I laid on the bench in the park. THe bench was secluded and in the treeline, because they never came to cut back the treeline. So no one would really notice me when they pass by. As I laid there, my phone beeped in my pocket. I was severely nervous, worried it would be my dad. I sighed quietly, and looked at my phone.

Micheal: Elijah? 

   I paused for a moment. Micheal and I barely texted, because his phone was usually dead or lost.

Yes?

Micheal: Come over to my house, I want to hang out with you. I think we also should talk..

Won’t your parents say no.?

Micheal: I’ll help you get inside through the back way, just please come-.

I’ll be there in a few..

Micheal: Thank you!! I’ll see you in a bit!

   I carefully got up from the bench. I winced, as laying on the hard surface didn’t do anything good for my injuries.. I walked to Micheal’s house, and went behind his house as quietly as I could. I noticed him waiting at his window, and he looked down towards me. He quickly got out of his window, and hopped onto the shed. He laid down on his stomach, and reached his hands down towards me. “C’mon, grab onto my hands, and I’ll pull you up-” How does he know that I’m hurt..? I hesitated, but then walked over, and grabbed his hands. With ease, he pulled me up onto the shed. He got up, and looked at me. “Ready?” I looked at him a bit confused, but then he quickly picked me up, and helped me get to the window. A bit caught off guard, I climbed through the window, and nearly fell onto the floor. Before I could even look to see if he needed help, he was already up, and wiping himself off a bit. 

   Right as he got settled, I quickly hugged him. I hugged him tighter than I had ever allowed myself to hug him before. I buried my face into his shirt, and started to cry. “Eli-..?” I buried my face more. I felt his arms gently pick me up, and he carried me over to his bed. He sat me down on the bed, and continued to let me hug him and cry. He then hugged me back tightly, and rubbed my back a bit. I felt my body slowly start to rest. Slowly start to let sleep take it. And I decided to let it.. I felt safe.. He was here with me…

)Memory 29: Finished(